490     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 246     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

IMG_7340.jpeg
IMG_7341.jpeg
IMG_7342.jpeg
Today.

For those who remembered when BlogTO published an article back in January that Starbucks was expanding their Yorkville store....

This is the real brand that was coming - things weren't quite ready to announce earlier this year, but that extra few months to get everything ready made the difference when you look at the space. Mandy's will be a great addition to the neighbourhood, especially when you think that Paris Baguette is going in around the corner.

Retail-Insider article re: the relocation of Burberry to former University Theatre (former Pottery Barn), 100 Bloor W. Burberry's current location at 144 Bloor W is now for lease.

Cool, but what's also pretty interesting is that in the listing for the current Burberry space, Loro Piana is indicated as the tenant in the former Dolce & Gabbana space.

Screen Shot 2023-10-16 at 10.16.59 PM.png

Cool, but what's also pretty interesting is that in the listing for the current Burberry space, Loro Piana is indicated as the tenant in the former Dolce & Gabbana space.

View attachment 513562
As someone—who for about a decade—actually did these types of unit leasing diagrams, I will say not to take them as gospel. A lot of times speculation gets leapt on without proof, and there are often errors (almost always the part of the realtors themselves). Case in point, the unit listed at the top right.

Last edited:
As someone—who for about a decade—actually did these types of unit leasing diagrams, I will say not to take them as gospel. A lot of times speculation gets leapt on without proof, and there are often errors (almost always the part of the realtors themselves). Case in point, the unit listed at the top right.
Have to agree with a couple of the out-of-date brands on the map, including Swarovski (which moved to the Manulife Centre), Escada, MCM, Victorinox and Banana Republic, which all closed. Then there's the obvious, yet questionable silent treatment for Fabricland.

Have to agree with a couple of the out-of-date brands on the map, including Swarovski (which moved to the Manulife Centre), Escada, MCM, Victorinox and Banana Republic, which all closed. Then there's the obvious, yet questionable silent treatment for Fabricland.
The difference is that CBRE was responsible for leasing thr D&G space, not the other spaces. I’d take it to be true. We know the space was leased and we know it was to a first to market luxury brand.

The difference is that CBRE was responsible for leasing thr D&G space, not the other spaces. I’d take it to be true. We know the space was leased and we know it was to a first to market luxury brand.
I will point out that Arlin Markowitz was one of the brokers I worked with at Royal LePage/Cushman Wakefield from where and when I base my opinion. Because these brokers tend to lean hard on what's going on elsewhere in the area, something that's just barely in negotiations gets added to marketing materials under the assumption that it'll be a done deal by the time the client signs off and the material is released. If that deal falls through before release however, the graphic designer doesn't know, and (again, from experience) brokers don't do a lot of due diligence in looking over marketing stuff like this. Often, there's not a lot of care taken in the truth of what's outside of the client property. Getting a broker to take more than 10 seconds to sign off a design piece was rare.

You'll note the Winners/Homesense isn't there, either. Not even so much as a placeholder.

Back