News   Jun 03, 2024
 593     4 
News   Jun 03, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 03, 2024
 603     1 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

It was reported in the Globe today (story also posted under Hudson's bay discussion page) that it is in negotiations to bring Bloomingdales to Canada - a store within a store concept. The article reports that one of the locations being considered is the HBC store on Bloor. That store certainly needs a makeover - you think it would be prime retail space, particularly with the development of 1Bloor. Will be interesting to see if that is going to happen.

That would be amazing!!! It would give Holt Renfrew a run for its money. I was at mall in metro Detroit area last week and they had 3 high end department stores!! If a suburb of Detroit can handle 3 stores in one location surely Bloor can handle two.

Giorgio at the Hazelton Hotel has closed. Thank God. Now maybe something amaze will move in. Also, a 'LEASED' sign has been posted on the space beside the new LV, so hopefully we'll see some Tiffany action there soon as well. ALSO, looks like Porsche Design is ready to open any day now.

The boutiques r not working at the hazelton for some reason.

I've noticed that too. I think people who go to Hazelton Lanes pretty much go for Whole Foods and TNT.

Nice!

In terms of Yorkville proper (i.e. off Bloor), this is fairly subjective but it seems as if there is less for lease this year then last. Now I'm not referring to the few enclosed malls a.k.a Hazelton / Cummberland, they looked fairly similar.

i heard the Cumberland Movie Theatre is closing. I'm going to miss that place -saw a lot of great films there. Wonder what will be done with that space.

i heard the Cumberland Movie Theatre is closing. I'm going to miss that place -saw a lot of great films there. Wonder what will be done with that space.

Yes it is, but it seems they already have the spot leased out, a large restaurant / a variety of shops is what I've heard.

Yes it is, but it seems they already have the spot leased out, a large restaurant / a variety of shops is what I've heard.

I'm thinking PF Changs maybe??
Any additional intel on this would be greatly appreciated.

Back