News   Jul 23, 2024
 624     2 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 455     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 486     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

The second floor currently houses the design firm Figure3. That space and the basement restaurant "Colony Kitchen" were both designed by burdifilek. I believe the signage indicates that's the space is being rented out for retail - if Club Monaco stays put, those spaces will surely be awkward to access.

The basement has its own entrance on the Queen's Park side of the building so it is accessible, but you're right Matteo, the lease signs, which are posted on Bloor in front of CM, indicate 10000sq of "retail space" which happens to be the same amount of space as CM...

I know people who work for the company and that was their response... they've extended their lease till 2012.

The Club Monaco is staying put, the lease is for the second floor and for part of the basement.

Club Monaco (the company) used the second floor for their offices and for the Caban buying offices. The remainder of the basement was a restaurant run by Club Mo. ALL of that became excess space when Ralph Lauren bought Club Monaco. The second floor was subleased, while the basement has basically sat unused, complete with a full kitchen. Club Monaco will be staying put in that space until 2012 if not longer, what the company is trying to do is get rid of excess space.

Most of the building's basement (well, the u of t leased half) is academic space. A section is the former colony kitchen.
Another section is club monaco workspace / storage space or something... If you look down through the old swimming pool's skylight in behind the building, you can usually see their clothing laid out and people working.

From what I've heard, the site will have condos with a retail podium. Hopefully, the scale will be appropriate for the street!

Any idea on how much sq. footage?

Also, with the One Bloor development back on, and with 100,000 sq. feet of retail space planned, will this be filled up by the high-end designers who are looking to enter the GTA market and can't get on Bloor?

Michael Kors is opening another store in Toronto- in the Eaton Centre. Are there any plans for a Bloor-Yorkville shop? It seems a little ridiculous that there isn't one yet...

I'm kinda surprised the city allowed this, especially outside a museum.

mini1.jpg

Something is going on with the hoarding covering the entirety of the Bloor Street ground level of Renaissance Plaza...what's going on?!

So it looks like Zara is renovating on Bloor, near Yonge is renovating. Does anyone know when they're re-opening? It looks like it's a major renovation, since there's hoarding outside their lower level.

The Club Monaco is staying put, the lease is for the second floor and for part of the basement.

Club Monaco (the company) used the second floor for their offices and for the Caban buying offices. The remainder of the basement was a restaurant run by Club Mo. ALL of that became excess space when Ralph Lauren bought Club Monaco. The second floor was subleased, while the basement has basically sat unused, complete with a full kitchen. Club Monaco will be staying put in that space until 2012 if not longer, what the company is trying to do is get rid of excess space.

The second floor currently houses the design firm Figure3. That space and the basement restaurant "Colony Kitchen" were both designed by burdifilek. I believe the signage indicates that's the space is being rented out for retail - if Club Monaco stays put, those spaces will surely be awkward to access.

Figure3 has now moved out, and the space (2nd and 3rd floor above club monaco) is being converted to offices for U of T.
I've heard unofficially that Club Monaco IS in fact moving out by the end of December.
More on the rumour side of things, I've heard U of T might be moving their main art gallery into the Lillian Massey building as well...

Lululemon

looks like lululemon is moving back to Cumberland, where there temporary store was when they were renovating Bloor Street. There's a sign on the door, and according to this leasing plan the space next Gucci is now for lease.
http://www.kingsettcapital.com/propertysearch/building_details.php?id=api/buildings/13022

I'm wondering if we'll see a flurry of Bloor related leasing activity once the street is done. In terms of empty Yorkville related space... I think these are most of the major empty spots.

The 150 Bloor Mega Space:
www.150bloor.com

You have the empty space at the Hyatt:
http://www.avisonyoung.com/ParkHyatt

The space where Noir used to be @151 Bloor:
http://www.avisonyoung.com/151bloorwest/

There is sign above Max Mara - not sure if they're moving.

There is now a sign for Museum House retail.

As well as the Four Seasons.
http://www.yorkvilleresidences.com/retail/
http://www.avisonyoung.com/Toronto/Property_Listings/For_Lease/Retail/1030/

There is also still some space at the Prince Arthur. I think that's about all the Class A retail space in the area.

im thinking apple should make a flagship here as with forever 21, maybe urban outfitters and abercrombie and fitch?

Back