News   Jul 11, 2024
 276     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 526     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 638     1 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Frank Stollery just sold 11 Bloor St W (where Magnum pop-up was) to Mizrahi Dev. Group for $15-million (0.6 AC site slated for high density).
Looks like it's only a 50% ownership share.

Last edited:
Frank Stollery just sold 11 Bloor St W (where Magnum pop-up was) to Mizrahi Dev. Group for $15-million (0.6 AC site slated for high density).

Cool. Didn't know that. My understanding though is that the store itself will have trouble being redeveloped. The land is owned by the Stollery family, but the store itself is managed by a different family and they have long-term lease or clause on the store. As they say it is complicated.

Interesting- a company putting up a bunch of 'historicist' structures in the city. Perhaps the existing Stollery's structure is to be incorporated in the design of whatever is planned (I imagine this would be done in partnership with the Stollery family, if they haven't sold that building/land). Could be great. Could be terrible.

Last edited:
Interesting that Berluti is rumoured to be opening in Vancouver, but not in Toronto.

Most of the time this comes down to space, but I suspect we'll see another run of major luxury retailers announced for Yorkdale fairly soon. Of course, I'd rather see Yorkville continue to be THE go-to destination, the trend seems to be, if a retailer can't get into Yorkville, open in Yorkdale, and then add a second location in Yorkville. Burberry, Kate Spade, De Beers (rumoured), Ferragamo, Bvlgari (rumoured), Moncler, Jimmy Choo, David Yurman, are just a few examples.

Interesting- a company putting up a bunch of 'historicist' structures in the city. Perhaps the existing Stollery's structure is to be incorporated in the design of whatever is planned (I imagine this would be done in partnership with the Stollery family, if they haven't sold that building/land). Could be great. Could be terrible.

I don't know if the Stollery family will sell the land underneath the store until they can boot out their tenant (Stollerys, the store). Imagine Stollery's is like Hong Kong. And the Stollery family is like China.

Go to Salad Days any weekday lunchtime and it's not unusual to see 30 or 40 people lined up, ditto for the soup place across the hall. They are moving into larger premises across from the new Dollarama near the Hudson Bay foodcourt.

Remeny's is moving from 210 Bloor.
http://www.210bloorwest.com/opportunity.html

Also does anyone know what's going on with 99 Yorkville? (Where the coffee mill was?). The coffee mill, the paper store and the international presse have all closed. I wonder if the landlord is going to redevelop the retail?

Hmmm, if they redevelop 99 Yorkville, then Moroco Chocolat will have to move, no?

Back