524     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 3K     7 

Blackout?

dt_toronto_geek

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of dark patches, is there a brown out happening? Waiting to check 11pm news

Yep:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/1222275--power-goes-out-in-large-swath-of-downtown-toronto-on-steamy-night

Here's what I don't get, the area they're describing, York to the west, Bayview to the east, from Lakeshore up to Carlton: They say only 6500 customers are effects.

That number seems way too small no ? Unless they count a condo building as one customer, I bet they do !

Well its definitely not every building in that area. Looking out my building, most buildings look like they have power within that area.

Well its definitely not every building in that area. Looking out my building, most buildings look like they have power within that area.

It's patchy, some areas are dark some are fine.

Here's what I don't get, the area they're describing, York to the west, Bayview to the east, from Lakeshore up to Carlton: They say only 6500 customers are effects.

That number seems way too small no ? Unless they count a condo building as one customer, I bet they do !

I'm guessing a condo or an "address" is one customer, Bay-Adelaide Centre is on backup which I presume would be counted as a customer.

Right so in effect it really effect many many more people then reported in areas with many high rises.

It was a hot night in Cabbagetown yesterday. Not fun.

With the east end without power (which, as we all know, includes some neighbourhoods which are a little rough around the edges) I'm very pleased that there seem to be no reports of looting or other crimes of opportunity.

The amount of blackouts in this city is ridiculous. TO Hydro really needs to get its act together. There have been at least three blackouts in the past month (that I know of) in Toronto.

Back