News   Jun 26, 2024
 235     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

biggest worry of my life. asking for help

Doesn't matter. You're going to call tomorrow (the 13th) and cancel the deal.

hahah,,
I think I should...
There should be more opportunities for better investment coming up
that I can actually be more comfi with...

Arggh, I feel bad cancelling on the agent and the company.. :(

The 10 days cooling off period is calendar days, and the first day should normally starts from the day you receievd the execution/acceptance from the builder, not just when you sign with the builder's rep, pls see your lawyer to discuss any legal aspect . If you have not cancelled your transaction, one of the other option (if you will not call it your principal residence) is to lease out, also check if there is an assigment clause.

lower floor and cant wait to get it.
very good area to live in,if i were you, KEEP IT!

Last edited:
I payed 415$ sqf,lower floor and cant wait to get it.
very good area to live in,if i were you, KEEP IT!

$415 vs $500 ... 20% difference.

when the downturn happens, you'll be in a better position to weather it than shyne07 would be.

DROP the unit like a HOT POTATO ! ! !

$415 vs $500 ... 20% difference.

when the downturn happens, you'll be in a better position to weather it than shyne07 would be.

DROP the unit like a HOT POTATO ! ! !

yea, i know. maybe i had a bigger unit,
but i dropped it. didnt want something i wasn't sure of.
like one of you said, there are so many investment opportunities, i dont need to go adn do something and worry about it for the next 3~4years of my life.

i called my agent, told him i am worried and want to make sure this is a good investment,
the guy says, trust him, there's nothing better than this. I asked him few questions, the guy seemed to be annoyed or something.
then he goes "what is it that you want to hear? i am tired do whatever you want to do",
i was angry, went straight and cancelled it. didnt call him since then. He calls me everyday.
I was going to buy 2 presale condos with him, he lost a big f-ing client. I have 4 friends lined up to buy stuff in 3 months time. tsk tsk.

Just because I am young he think he can do however he pleases.
anyways.. thank you all and I am glad you guys helped me out. By the way, my EX-agent was working on preapproval of mortgage by himself,
I didnt sign or was notified of anything. Should I worry about this preapproval? he said he was going to handle everything but i dont know how he was going to do that...

I would call him and just clarify (preferably in writing) that you are terminating the deal and that you wish him not to preoceed with any preapproval of mortgage on your behalf.
You can say you were not confortable with purchase at this time.
I think with your hesitation, you would be second guessing yourself the next 3 to 4 years.
I think cdr's comment about the difference from $415 to $500/sq.ft. is very significant and should be heeded.
I truly believe you did the right thing.

A preaproval is not a done deal, and noone can apply for your mortgage without your proper authorization, a lender would need your signature to start the process, like check your credit, etc.

I would call him and just clarify (preferably in writing) that you are terminating the deal and that you wish him not to preoceed with any preapproval of mortgage on your behalf.
You can say you were not confortable with purchase at this time.
I think with your hesitation, you would be second guessing yourself the next 3 to 4 years.
I think cdr's comment about the difference from $415 to $500/sq.ft. is very significant and should be heeded.
I truly believe you did the right thing.

I really don't want to speak to him anymore.
Can any problem be caused now? About preapproval or anything else?

^^^
Agree, I just don't wish there to be any confusion/potential problems for him down the road. Hence I suggested he make sure that he and the realtor are on the same page.
Unfortunately, just as in every profession, there are better and not so good people out there.
Clarification to me just seems prudent.
I realize no one can arrange a preapproval without the signature of the individual but it is also unfair to the agent to do the work preparing it to only have the client not follow through.

I would not think you will have problems. Did you sign a buyers arrangement with the agent or other documents. If yes, he may hold you to future lookings.
I think if you have signed nothing, and you make it clear you wish nothing further done, that should be it.

If you didn't sign a buyers representation agreement and you don't plan on buying the same property or others he showed you in the near future you should be okay.

If you did sign an agreement check to see when the release date is (usually 90 days)

But as others have already stated I think overall you're going to find that you won't find a property that adds up in this current market.

Back