News   May 02, 2024
 542     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 318     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 289     0 

Best Romantic Restaurant

Re: A Word About Canoe

The best meal I have had was at North 44' and I have heard the same owner owns another but you pay for the quality. The restaurant has atmosphere and great food but no view and no dancing. The quality of food at the 360' has changed over the years from good to bad and back again. You can't beat the view at the 360', there is a bit of a bar downstairs, and the last time I went was last fall and the food was great so hopefully the chefs or owners haven't change since. The food at Canoe is also great but the view will stink if you get an inside table and walking around to see the view is more difficult there.

Damn Alchemist, aren't you the big spender.:eek

Hey... they make a mean double cheeseburger...

020108inside.jpg

Well, their floors are carpeted, for one.

I like Wendy's, and it is, in fact, a good date place, BUT the only thing Romantic about Wendys is sharing a large Frosty with that special someone.

I too would recommend Canoe but only if you can get a good table.

Harbour Sixty is really nice as well (Bay/Lakeshore) but my all time favorite romantic joint is Scaramouche. Amazing views of the city and even better food and service.

I'd recommend the fifth restauramt at easy and the fifth... spectacular, lofty room with superb food and ambience. You can even get a table in the freight elevator - trust me its pretty cool!! Only thing is this is NOT a cheap restaurant.

fancy restaurant

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned The Duncan House

Re: fancy restaurant

It's a charming old Victorian home moved basically to an open valley-like field in the middle of a high density business park (forgive me for not knowing the name of the area). Near Don Mills and umm.. I ferget. If you're interested you'll find it on the internet.

Anyway, the place is real nice inside and even has private theme rooms.

Another decent place is "The School" that's out in Unionville in low-density sprawly business park.

I like Wendy's, and it is, in fact, a good date place, BUT the only thing Romantic about Wendys is sharing a large Frosty with that special someone.

That is what I did for my Valentine's Day. I didn't share much of it though. Seriously. Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich. yum.

Well, we ended up going to The Corner House. Really, really, REALLY expensive, but the food we got was top notch. I ordered the Steak and it was the best steak I've ever had. My gf ordered the Salmon dish and she loved it. We had to share the Valentines Sweetheart desert that was included with the meal. The atmosphere was really romantic, and the only light source came from a small candle on our table. I just wished they had designated parking cuz I had to drive around the restaurant a few times to find a spot ..ended up parking beside a company reserved spot. Thanks for the recommendation, we really enjoyed that evening. :D

Back