1.2K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 547     0 

Best Romantic Restaurant

B

Baghai747

Okay folks I need your help with this one ....

Valentines is fast approaching can anyone recommend a great restaurant in the Toronto or GTA area?

Here is my wish list:

1) Food must be top notch
2) Good romantic place to take that special somebody
3) (Not sure if these places exist) Dinner and light dancing?
4) Some place different (preferably near the water btw, we've already been to Captain John's

So if I could get at least 3 out 4 in a restaurant I am a happy camper. :)
Any help is appreciated :D

Okay, I'm gonna recommend 4 but not near the water an no dancing. They are in no particular order

1. The Corner House (501 Davenport, near Spadina)
2. Monitz (352 Melrose Av., near Avenue and Lawrence)
3. JOV Bistro (1701 Bayview Av., near Eglinton)
4. Lemon Meringue (2390 Bloor St., near Jane)

You can look them all up on Toronto.com.

I like the 360. A little expensive but well worth it. Plus if your date sucks you can always admire the view :D

The 360 would surely impress her. You can't go wrong with that one.

If you care about award winning design and amazing ambiance, head over to Monsoon on Simcoe.

I been to 360 ..I would have to agree that it's one of the best places to take your date. Just make sure you have the funds cause it won't be a cheap night :)

But as for the other recommendations ...The Corner House seems to be on alot of peoples lists ..even has good reviews on Toronto.Com

360 is a nice restaurant with a great view, and I think they have a nite club above or below it so you might get your danicing in. It will be pricey, but what a view. Another place that you might consider, if you are willing/able to spend the big bucks is Canoe (54th floor of the TD Tower).

:hat

I don't want to bring up my favourite TO restruant again but if your budget is under $40 or so go to the Rivoli on queen... The seating for 2 is incredibly intimate and the setting will more than get her wanting a lil something afterwards :D

Kalendar on College. Lively yet intimate. I also hear Toula (atop the Harbour Castle) is good.

re:

My recommendation.
Canoe. 54th @ the TD Centre. It's.... just amazing. Get a reservation for a table facing west, for about 6pm. By Feb.14th the days will be longer and just as you sit down the sun will be setting. It's an incredible view. You're in this elegant restaurant with the chaotic city at your feet... sipping a nice Pinot Noir; minus the tackyness of the CN tower and tourist gawking and taking pictures. That alone brings it up two notches.

check it out
www.canoerestaurant.com

re:

oh and duh, the food there is awesome! Pricey, but worth it.

Re: re:

Thanks for the recommendations guys ...from what I have so far is Canoe vs. the Corner House. From what I have heard they are awesome restaurants. I'm leaning more towards the Canoe restaurant cuz of the uniqueness of being high up in downtown. However, the corner house ..seems to be very intimate, the food top notch, in a historical house setting near Casa Loma. Hmmmm :\

A Word About Canoe

I don't go out too much and I'm certainly not a fine restaurant connoisseur, but I wanted to add my two cents about Canoe: I went there about a year and a half ago, and I have to say it wasn't all that.

The views and ambience were really neat.
The food was generally good, though some dishes were too salty. Portions were small.
The service was hit-and-miss: the cheese girl and wine guy were great, but our main server dude was an inattentive prick.
Perhaps because it was a weekday evening, the restaurant was filled with arrogant Bay St. types swilling martinis and talking too loud.

Not that these little things totally killed the evening, but when the cost of a meal gets up over $100 I become VERY picky.

Re: A Word About Canoe

You can't go wrong with the 360 at CN Tower.

Re: A Word About Canoe

You can't go wrong with the 360 at CN Tower.

Uhh, better make sure he/she isn't affraid of heights first :lol :lol

Back