News   Jul 15, 2024
 450     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 596     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 572     0 

Best place to view Toronto's skyline?

There is a great view from Sir Winston Churchill Reservoir at the corner of Spadina Road and St. Clair. Although some of the towers are hidden, there is also a great view from the top of the public stairwell that connects the two separate pieces of Spadina Road, directly to the East of Castle Loma.

Although not technically a view of the same skyline being discussed in this thread, my favourite view of downtown is from the Governor's Bridge Lookout, especially at night. I like the way the buildings seem to be growing out of a layer of foliage. The night view is prettier because the detailing of the St. Jamestown buildings is obscured by the darkness but those buildings still contribute to the "bulk" of the downtown core.

79839874_46b6c86489_o.jpg

1614113938_b323f857ec.jpg

79840101_63d448bd36.jpg

On a clear day Toronto can be visible in Niagara...

Everyone: On a clear day once back in the late 80s on a trip to Niagara Falls
I discovered the good view of Toronto in the distance across Lake Ontario- from the top of the Escarpment just to the N of the Robert Moses Power Vista-NYS side.

It looked so neat I had my traveling companions pull over and look at the view-it was impressive. On other trips I drove over that way just to be able to see it again but the conditions just have not been right for me since.

I wonder if anyone knows about this view and has taken Toronto pics from there-I was not carrying a camera on that trip I described unfortunately.
Thoughts by LI MIKE

Not so much a view of the skyline, but the view of Canada Malting looking down Portland has its own poetry...

Great Vista from Park Lawn and Lakeshore

Going Directly south from the Gardiner having exited at Park Lawn Road, check out the park system to the south of Marine Parade Drive.

Lovely, quiet, private and beside the water.

Great backdrop of the lights of the city.

Back