Berczy Condos, The (Concert Properties) - Real Estate -

The kitchen seems to be standard, AEG appliances, fully integrated fridge and dishwasher. 9ft ceilings smooth finish, roller blinds will be included for all the units

Uggghhh
I hate those RE's that spam UT with their promise of VIP sales, and always "before the public", which is usually not quite the truth. Go away!
Mods should delete their accounts if it is their first post.
Back to the Berczy.

I think the Berczy should of actually been called "The Berczy Terraces" since I have never seen such a huge collection of terraces on a building in the downtown core. I am going to have a tough time picking which unit and terrace combo to purchase. One week to go!

I am in real estate and have never looked for business on internet forums. I will be at the Berczy Saturday and can tell you that without a contact at this - or any good site - you don't have a hope in hell of getting first pick of suites. The Berczy is a beautiful site and I will be purchasing one for myself.

Anyway, I laugh because some agents have been advertising themselves as "VIP's" (this happens at every site sadly) when I know 100% they don't have a hope in hell of getting anything.

Regardless, Concert is only allowing 2 suites to be sold per agent, so if an agent is soliciting on here because they can't find 2 people for such a good site, they should consider a different line of work.

So, are you implying you have one more "seat" available to assist as a buyer representative for whoever can come to you first ?:confused:

I think I was pretty clear in my first post when I said I don't solicit business on internet forums.

I am unable to assist anyone that I have not done business with in the past regarding this project.

What I can assure people in here is that there will be a lot of disappointed potential purchasers regarding the Berczy. Only 161 units (many which are large and pricey) doesn't leave much room for the average buyer looking for a 1 bedroom or 1 plus den.

Futurebuilder, I guess I have visited hell recently and all without an RE - imagine that!

Alas, no plans yet available.
S'Bus

I didn't mean to be overly negative before. However, in Toronto at pre-construction condo launches it is almost impossible for someone to purchase a unit unless they know the developer or sales team every well.

Concert is from Vancouver and decided to use a different system than what is the norm in Toronto, and in essence this should give the general public access, on their own, at the very beginning. If you do get your first choice then you are very lucky.

Concert is new to Toronto and will want to build on the success of the Berczy and as the real estate market gets tougher over the next few they will want to keep good real estate brokers happy.

What do you think about $475 per sq. ft. on this project? is it low? it is on the market price level? is it expensive? thoughts, comments?

I think it is low for a condo of only 161 units and a LEED GOLD building. I was expecting >$500/sqft.

I don't know about you Spadina,but I am getting a tad bit annoyed.
I thought I would see those promised plans and price list by now.
Only a couple of days to go..

I understand some people in here have said they will get first crack at suites without a realtor. Of those people how many of you are invited to the VIP Realtor reception tomorrow for the Berczy? And if it's only for realtors tomorrow how will the non real estate agents get plans and pricing?

This entire process is different from what I'm used to.

What you call a VIP Realtor reception is only an informative session, non-selling event. You won't be able to hold or purchase units, unless you have an appointment starting on Saturday. Plans will be released tomorrow for non real estate agents with confirmed appointments. Many realtors will be very disappointed tomorrow as they need an appointment to purchase units and many of them do not know that. All the appointments are booked for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. There is many people without realtor that have appointments for the weekend and will have first crack at suites before many realtors

What you call a VIP Realtor reception is only an informative session, non-selling event. You won't be able to hold or purchase units, unless you have an appointment starting on Saturday. Plans will be released tomorrow for non real estate agents with confirmed appointments. Many realtors will be very disappointed tomorrow as they need an appointment to purchase units and many of them do not know that. All the appointments are booked for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. There is many people without realtor that have appointments for the weekend and will have first crack at suites before many realtors

Yes, I'm well aware of the process, I simply find it odd. I am not willing to say when my appointment is, but let's just say the early bird eats the worm. Best of luck with everyone on this project. 90% of what is under 600k will be gone by Tuesday.

I certainly hope you are right Carturo. Your comments have me feeling optimistic for Saturday. Anyway, I try to stay fairly even keeled in situations like this. If I don't see exactly what I want being available and at reasonable price, then I simply turn on my heel and walk out. I've been in on so called 'opening day' launches before and walked out feeling really pissed. I don't like the feeling that I got to dinner early, only to find the hind teat was left.
The builder's pals and family, and then the realtors with their entourage of investors, then a number of nice suites get phony 'sold' stickers so that they can be sold later at inflated prices. After everyone has had their fill at the trough, the prices are jacked up and the doors are thrown open to the public for the 'GRAND OPENING!'.
If this builder is actually going to break away from this practice, then I am dusting off my cheque book.

Last edited:
I can personally tell you that so far in my dealings with Concert, they are certainly trying to stick to the first come first serve mentality and doing it with lots of class.
Looking forward to my appointment ahead of FutureBuilder ;-) !

Back