News   Jul 10, 2024
 881     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 503     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 729     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

I was just thinking that. Crop a bit off the left side, and it's perfect for PotD. Very futuristic looking.

Taken today

3481987832_1b63702312_o.jpg

3481176139_21a55724f4_o.jpg

Great picture and view lxmoss.
You've just accomplished the impossible. You've made 1king look absolutely stunning in your picture!!

Thanks for all the appreciation gentlemen. Next sunny day I will take a pano, and if anybody wants to contribute to the "Replace lxmoss's pillow fund" please feel free to contact me. :)

Ixmoss:

That's a great photo taken just before the thunderstorm on Saturday. Although you can't see me (unless by super magnification) I was obseving the pending storm out of the window of my 44th floor, north unit, of 1 King West. The first level of the curve portion of the building. The whole unit is encased in glass which gives me a great view in all directions except directly south.

a nice article about the history of the site: http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/toronto/archive/2009/05/01/at-bay-and-adelaide-xxxx.aspx

and the sidewalks are supposed to be done by monday.

Yeah, I read it on the weekend and thought it was quite good in providing some perspective on how much change there has been over the years at this site.

The sidewalks haven't even been started on Adelaide, so thay can only mean the Bay and/or Temperance ones. I can see a lot of stone down on the sidewalk on Temperance. The plaza is still being waterproofed and insulated.

Here is a picture of the final zipping up of the east face:

Attachments

• P5040085.jpg
    P5040085.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 214
The plaza looks to be a lot more sunken than I was expecting. Certainly the website virtual tour or earlier renderings didn't show it as sunken. This might change as landscaping is added, but a sunken aspect does make it a bit more special and make it a bit more of a quieter place.

Back