News   Jul 10, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 579     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 851     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

good there almost done filling in the glass where the consruction elevator was. thanks for the pic

Wow, that was fast =P. I guess I'm so used to thing moving at a snail's pace in this city, that I neglected to notice that installing glass isn't exactly rocket science.

The section of the Scotia PATHS where the connection will be has now been drywalled and wall-paperd saying "New Scotia Concourse and PATH Extension in September 2009"

I'd take a picture, but the security guards in scotia are so militant. They may think I mean to use my photograph for ill-intentioned purposes :cool:

The section of the Scotia PATHS where the connection will be has now been drywalled and wall-paperd saying "New Scotia Concourse and PATH Extension in September 2009"

I'd take a picture, but the security guards in scotia are so militant. They may think I mean to use my photograph for ill-intentioned purposes :cool:

I was going to do the same but decided not to for similar reasons!

The pseudo trompe l'oeil of the new wall paper is quite humourous.:D

It will be a long-ish corridor up to BAC. I wonder if the Japanese restaurant and Winners will get new store frontage along it. If not, it will be a hum-drum corridor.

It can't be any worse than that dreary underground link to Roy Thomson Hall, or the one joining the Eaton Centre to Bell Trinity Square.

good there almost done filling in the glass where the consruction elevator was. thanks for the pic

The glass that was damaged last winter on the north side has yet to be replaced too.

Do any ducks still nest in that forecourt? I used to work in the Metro City Hall complex, and would walk that tunnel most days I worked. At that time, ending about a decade ago, every summer would see a pair of ducks raise a family of ducklings in the forecourt pool. I have not been down there since, so I don't know if the ducks are still there.

Only three and a half more floors of glass to go, not including the panels at the roofline, and then the BAC will be zipped up. I expect then they'll focus on the damaged windows on the north side . . .

April 14 2009 update

images to go with 41stfloor's description ~ :)

Only three and a half more floors of glass to go, not including the panels at the roofline, and then the BAC will be zipped up. I expect then they'll focus on the damaged windows on the north side . . .

IMG_3680.jpg

IMG_3681.jpg

new PATH tunnel

the tunnel's being poured as we speak ...

IMG_3688.jpg

IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3687.jpg

All the lights are off in BAC tonight, completely in the dark. It's kind of creepy with a black void where lights are usually blazing.

If only they'd open that lower level to the public who attend RTH concerts in the good weather.

If only they'd ventilate the RTH path connection. It gets pretty dank in there.

I'd love to see the pond converted into a skating rink in the winter.

Back