News   May 23, 2024
 124     0 
News   May 22, 2024
 888     1 
News   May 22, 2024
 705     1 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Wow!!

Those are nice towers. I hope that Brookfield takes a chance like that in the designs of the up coming phases.

Just a little curve would be so sweet. - I know there is no way we are getting 1200 feet, but just a little curve or something would be nice.

The one on the left is supposed to be 66 stories at 1,216 feet, while the one on the right is supposed to be 60 at 935 feet, according to a Brookfield spokeswoman.

*sigh*

Using the same floor heights, BA1 would be either 779 feet or 921 feet tall, instead of its planned 715 feet. We've been short-changed!

Although I would say that Brookfield knows they can get away with less, in the Toronto market.

Bill

AoD that is very interesting comment. I must admit I had to refresh my memory but I came across a very interesting tie in re: Nero: he and I both born on the same day: 15 decembre!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero
Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus (December 15, 37 – June 9, 68),[1] born Lucius Domitius Ahenobarbus, also called Nero Claudius Caesar Germanicus, was the fifth and last Roman Emperor of the Julio-Claudian dynasty. Nero was adopted by his great uncle Claudius to become heir to the throne. As Nero Claudius Caesar, he succeeded to the throne on October 13, 54, following Claudius' death.

It looks as though you, AoD know me rather too well;)

I was thinking the same thing. - City hall really doesnt want tall buildings overshadowing NPS.

Which is fine -- I personally think that they are going overboard in their phobia of shadowing, but to each their own -- but in that case, having NPS right in the middle of downtown was a terrible idea. If it would be located somewhere near but outside the CBD, I would have no problems with the "no-shadowing" policy, but given where it actually is, that policy acts as a permanent brake on downtown development, and the taller the proposed building, the further from NPS the ban extends.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bay Adelaide Crane on the skyline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2272691815_644f00997c_o.jpg

ok it's been a while since I've done a webcam update from the Bay Adelaide cam...

formsonthe21stpf8.png

The forms are now completely rested on the 21st Floor. - Which means we are 4 Floors away from the half way point.

Half way should be in about 3 to 4 weeks!!!!

Very exciting.

By the end of the year it should be topped out!!!

It's an aside, but with the construction of those Brookfield towers in NYC between 31st and 33rd, there goes the iconic view of the Empire State building from Jersey.

Back