News   May 01, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 338     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 357     0 

Baseball vs. Cricket- which sport is Toronto more familiar with?

Baseball vs. Circket- which sport is Toronto more familiar with?

• Baseball

Votes: 49 87.5%
  • cricket

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters
S

Steve Harper

With immigrants from Asia, I wouldn't be surprised if cricket gave baseball a run.

Jays,Eh?

Everyone: Being so close to the USA and having a somewhat successful pro baseball team - Who can forget the early 90s Blue Jays - I would say that it is definitely BASEBALL but Cricket can find a niche market from immigrants and others who learn and play it. LI MIKE

Cricket is only familiar in Western Asia - non-orient

Baseball is big in Japan and has strong followings in any oriental country and cricket has 0 presence.

I despised having to play cricket at school. The absolute worst thing was having to run towards some rock-hard little ball that was falling out of the sky towards you and pretend you really, really wanted to catch it - while all these other pretty little schoolboys in white flannels looked on eagerly.

It's best to ask the local newspapers. My hunch is if a newspaper missed a baseball score, there probably wouldn't be any response by readers. However, if a cricket result left out, the paper would probably get a half-dozen phone calls about it.

Cricket is only familiar in Western Asia - non-orient

Baseball is big in Japan and has strong followings in any oriental country and cricket has 0 presence.

Well, it's big in Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh and India. It's also big in England, the West Indies, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and some other countries.

Overall I'd say it has a larger worldwide following than baseball.

In Toronto baseball is definitely more popular, though Cricket is growing in that regard.

Back