News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 894     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.5K     3 

Baby, we got a bubble!?

PinkLucy,
I am sure that to a degree Ka1 was joking when he said this as you clearly appreciate. Of course, he can always look up at those above him in the clouds on floors 60 and up but there aren't too many in that priviledged group.
Personally, I am awaiting my invite when Aura is finished to see "how the other 1/2 live".

Say, I just noticed that I have been promoted to a Senior UT Member.
I assume that is due to time on the forum or number of posts rather than being a Senior Citizen.

Thank you Condo George.

I was travelling in Europe actually for 3 weeks. Was wonderful but Europe is expensive, even with the recent decrease though recent partial recovery of the Euro. Interestingly, property in Europe (at least in some of the areas I read about while away) has recovered somewhat from the downturn in 2008/ 2009 but they are once again stalling and turning downward. However, high end in London seemed to be up again though now starting to stall and declinine again.

I must admit that while we don't necessarily see eye to eye on the future direction in the near term of the real estate market, I do appreciate having the other point of view presented.

Cheers

Say, I just noticed that I have been promoted to a Senior UT Member.
I assume that is due to time on the forum or number of posts rather than being a Senior Citizen.

Congratulations Interested on being promoted to the level of " Senior UT Member". You have now become a pillar of this Board.

After your post # 1684, your cumulative total of posts is at 504. After your post # 1685, cumulative total still remains at 504. As such, being promoted to the rank of "Senior" does not seem to have anything with the number of posts. Rather, it depends upon the wisdom and the logic that you bring to the posts.

Keep showering us with your wisdom.

Last edited:
Thanks Ka1.

However, I still think it likely is befause I must have posted so much. My father always had a wonderful expression. You can be beautiful, but you can't be smart. He was one of the smartest, most logical and common sense individuals I have ever known. He was referring to the fact that the more one knows on a given subject, the more one realizes how much there is one does not know.

None the less, I shall continue to attempt to shower those willing to listen with my "wisdom" and look forward to learning from all the diverse points of view and lively discussion put forward in the future.

You and KA1 should be aware (if you are not already) that there are about 1/2 dozen Shangrila units listed for sale on MLS. While the early flippers is a troubling sign on one hand, the outrageous asking prices, >$1500psf should be comforting to you on the other.

I emailed the sales office at Shangrila and asked them about this. They told me they have listed a few of the Estates (floors 51 and up) to get MLS exposure. Sales have been going well and they are busy. At least this is what I have been told. Sounds promising. At least it is not early flippers which is perhaps a little less troubling. Placing on MLS would make sense for the exposure. As you pointed out, these are the over $1500/sq. ft suites and range from $2 to $16.8 million.

I would point out that Shangrila has not been advertising the past 1/2 year to 1 year in newspapers that I have seen and my understanding is that they are around 80% sold at this point with about 2 years to go before they reach occupancy. Overall, if true what I am told does not sound too bad.

Activity is picking up folks this past week in the resale market and long line ups at the new launch of Ocean Club condos on the west waterfront, which I dont sell Etobicoke to investors but some find value there.

Gold spot $1315 approx, for those here following my posts, I shared that the only stock I own is High River Gold mines, take a peek at the chart on this one HRG

I am doing an open house today and tomorrow at 712 Shaw st. Semi detached home listed at $639,900 pls come by and say hello and chat about the market

Time to sell HRG--overbought on the daily and weekly.

Over the last wk I have noticed the demand picking up folks, not just downtown either. Last week of Sept will report strong but Sept will lag again yoy, interesting to see if prices you are up more than 10 pts.

Today in the core..... condos new listings were a third of those reported sold conditional, again its only a day.....

Urb, hrg to me its a hold, its been overbought since .80 candle is still bullish and the underlying fundamentals of the company and gold really dont give me the sell signal yet.

As for 712 Shaw, listed on Fri offer today generally speaking.

Tableau condos has lottery system for condo launch, why do this if there is no demand for units, lottery system are usually used to spread the number of units per agent fairly

New York bound on the 20th, top agent award gala for Ice Condos, you bet I will be in the builders ear for more height, yes I have clients that will buy if prices arent too steep for the 2 added floors per tower now at 57 and 67 strys

Back