News   Apr 18, 2024
 48     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.8K     3 

Architecture TV Network

Do you think there should be a TV network dedicated to architecture?

• I would watch it for the novelty of it, but not after that.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would not like to see such a channel.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Maisonneuve

Member Bio
Reaction score
I was just wondering why there aren't any architecture TV networks?
There seems to be a lot of people interested in the topic. Lots of sites devoted to architecture and forums, but no TV networks. There are TV networks that specialize in law, some in food, lots in sports/fitness, some in health, but none really in architecture.
I know there are sites online that have architecture videos, and some sites that just specialize in videos. What I mean is an actual TV network similar to CNN, CNBC, ESPN, TLC,etc...

Anyone know why?

I'd love to see one. What are peoples thoughts?

There are show on Discovery and Treasure HD, but no devoted channel.

I've often thought myself that there could be a market for an urban-related channel dealing with architecture, infrastructure, big-city neighbourhoods, etc.

Architectural beauty, architecture and culture, interesting structures of the world, unusual houses, supertall buildings, construction technologies, tunnels both modern and in history, railway and automobile bridges, subways, urban architecture, the subdivision and culture, historical building efforts, cultural buildings of the world, architecture and war, architectural and construction disasters, construction and environment...

Yeah, I could see a channel devoted to the general topic.

If anyone's interested...

ARCHITECTURE SCHOOL

The six-part series from creators Michael Selditch and Stan Bertheaud follows a group of students at Tulane University's prestigious School of Architecture as they submit competing designs for an affordable home in Katrina-battered New Orleans. The stakes are high: the winning model will be built during the course of the school year and put up for sale, enabling one fledgling architect to begin his or her career with a high-profile splash.

ARCHITECTURE SCHOOL opens a window onto the art and science of architecture while telling a unique and uplifting story about the literal rebuilding of New Orleans. Filmed during the 2007-2008 school year, the series follows the construction of the third home in Tulane University's URBANbuild program, which offers fourth-year architecture students the opportunity to design and build a low-cost single-family home over the course of the school year. Founded in 2005, URBANbuild is a partnership between Tulane's School of Architecture and Neighborhood Housing Services of New Orleans (N.H.S.), a nonprofit agency that works to restore urban neighborhoods.

Architectural beauty, architecture and culture, interesting structures of the world, unusual houses, supertall buildings, construction technologies, tunnels both modern and in history, railway and automobile bridges, subways, urban architecture, the subdivision and culture, historical building efforts, cultural buildings of the world, architecture and war, architectural and construction disasters, construction and environment...

Yeah, I could see a channel devoted to the general topic.

Gristle, this is sort of what I had in mind. It's such a wide topic and it touches ALL of us.

It would be refreshing to have a channel that is devoted to Architecture.
HGTV (and the other home channels) is filled with decorating crap and shows that convinces any idiot that they could flip any house for big money.

I think BravoTV would be a good outlet, as they are heavily into culture and the arts.
BravoTV in U.S. which happens to be very different in programming (I think it's Slice here in Toronto, as it airs the same reality TV shows), had a reality TV show called Top Design a few years back which I thought was one of the better reality design TV show, but it only survived just one season.
Cecconi Simone's apprentice-style reality TV show was mildly entertaining, but it lacks real design and intelligence and cheapens the industry and the reputation of their firm.

PBS, the History Channel, and TLC occasionally has great shows on particular architects, designers, artists and buildings.

Back