480     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 434     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 915     3 

April 5th Public meeting for Waterfront Transit System EA

D

drum118

On Wednesday April 5th, from 6:30pm to 9:00 at the Great Hall, St. Lawrence Hall, at 157 King St E, a workshop open to the general public is being held on the term of reference for the Waterfront Transit Light Rail Light Transit.

The public will be asked to provide comments on the problem definition, need, study area, potential routes and service, proposed alternatives to be studied, list of individual studies to be conducted, and proposed public consultation plan for an Individual EA.

Parliament is being suggested to be reinstated as a full streetcar route running to the waterfront from Castle Frank Station, as well Cherry St Line, Broadview line, Carlaw line, Kingston Rd, Eastern Ave line, Queens Quay line, Lakeshore Ave line, Commissioners St line, Unwin line Ave, Don Valley line and Leslie St.

All mode of transit will be looked at.

Re: April 5th Public meeting for Waterfront Transit System E

I noticed that in the Toronto Star today.

While all these public consultations are excellent, let's stop talking and drawing plans already and let's get funding and building.

We already know that LRT is the form of transit needed in the area.

The biggest impact would be planning around the city's bid around the 2015 Expo. I wonder if the underwater subway is still seriously being looked at by the bid committee?

Louroz

Really LRT is the form??????????????

The Expo 2015 impact is to be looked at.

Time frame as it stands now.

Term of Reference is to go to City Council for approval for in July or Aug.

MOE should have it approve by Oct.

Preliminary design Aug to Dec.

Design work for various proposal Dec to May 2007

EA process from May 2007 to Oct 2007 with public open houses in April and June 2007.

City for approval Oct 2007.

Dec for MOE approval.

It will be 2008 before it is approve and 2009-10 before any work is started.

Tell me when the public has every had a say in the Term of Reference at the start of any EA to date, because I have yet to see one these past 6 years for any EA in the GTA on transit?

I had this info for days and just posting it now.

I wonder if the underwater subway is still seriously being looked at by the bid committee?
Hopefully it will be, but shifted inland by about 200m starting at Union station as an upside-down U to the Island Airport and Portlands, based on standard subway technology, and curves north to meet Pape station.

We can call it the DEARL.

Downtown Expo and Relief Line

Back