News   May 10, 2024
 2K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3.1K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Apple Store

I can't understand why an Apple store is popular.

There's nothing to "browse". They carry very little merchandise, and you already know what they are...an ipod, ipad, iphone and a mac computer, and a small selection of related accessories.

There's no price advantage over any other retailer that sells Apple products.

They seem too crowded to offer quick service.

I don't get any sort of interesting or fun shopping experience or vibe from the place. In fact, I'd call it an almost unpleasant space to be in.

So I really don't get why the place is so packed all the time as if it were the place to be or something. Is it a sort of Apple fan social hang-out?

You'd think, yet I always get amazing fast service when I'm there. A lot of people do seem to be just hanging out so maybe that's why. I'm glad it's quick though because I don't like the stores -- too crazy, too many people for my tastes, but since I can get in and out quickly, I'm good with it.

I can't understand why an Apple store is popular.

There's nothing to "browse". They carry very little merchandise, and you already know what they are...an ipod, ipad, iphone and a mac computer, and a small selection of related accessories.

There's no price advantage over any other retailer that sells Apple products.

I don't get any sort of interesting or fun shopping experience or vibe from the place. In fact, I'd call it an almost unpleasant space to be in.

So I really don't get why the place is so packed all the time as if it were the place to be or something. Is it a sort of Apple fan social hang-out?

All of their products are on display for people to play around with. Why wouldn't this be popular for potential buyers given that Apple has just about the most popular, game-changing product line available?

They're obviously doing something right since the stores are so packed. Keep in mind there's more than just shopping going on in there - people are having their products serviced/replaced and people are attending "training" sessions. It's not really my cup 'o tea either due to the crowds and noise, but I have to say that I can only see more stores opening in the future.

I think the general draw to the Apple stores is that the people who work there, actually know what their talking about!

I can't tell you how many employees of BestBuy/Future Shop/The Source etc all talk about various electronics, while I know more than they do!

I have only had one experience with an Apple Store where my iPod Touch stopped working. I made an appointment online, showed up to the store, and the issue was fixed in about 45 seconds. It was brilliant. Busy, but brilliant.

Conestoga: "soon", Mapleview: September.

Apple is typically very tight-lipped about opening dates until they are only a couple of weeks away.

So now we got three possibilities: Bloor Yorkville, Ryerson Student Learning Centre and Queen West.

I'd say the most likely next downtown store would be at Ryerson. Like interchange said, Apple doesn't announce these stores until they're about to open so usually information comes from other non secrecy trained sources. Ryerson's Levy wouldn't have said "I hope it's Apple" when referring to potential tenants for the Student Learning Centre's Yonge St. retail if there wasn't at least some interest/negotiations going on.

On the other hand, 1 Bloor E and Ryerson's building seem on track to be completed around the same time so maybe Apple will get to pick, and Bloor-Yorkville seems more appealing for a flagship store.

So now we got three possibilities: Bloor Yorkville, Ryerson Student Learning Centre and Queen West.

I'd say the most likely next downtown store would be at Ryerson. Like interchange said, Apple doesn't announce these stores until they're about to open so usually information comes from other non secrecy trained sources. Ryerson's Levy wouldn't have said "I hope it's Apple" when referring to potential tenants for the Student Learning Centre's Yonge St. retail if there wasn't at least some interest/negotiations going on.

On the other hand, 1 Bloor E and Ryerson's building seem on track to be completed around the same time so maybe Apple will get to pick, and Bloor-Yorkville seems more appealing for a flagship store.

Don't know about Ryerson. It's too close to the Eaton Centre store.

Just curious.

Why would anyone care where the new stores pop up, people don't buy a new computer or phone every week like groceries, every 3 years or so is probably more like it.

Just curious.

Why would anyone care where the new stores pop up, people don't buy a new computer or phone every week like groceries, every 3 years or so is probably more like it.

Apple's customer service is notable because it doesn't end with the purchase. You can stop by the store for advice, lessons, repairs, accessories and more.

There is no way they would do the Ryerson Student Centre, Eaton Centre is next door. I can see them doubling the TEC store way before adding another

Yorkville makes sense because they are on every high street in the world

Not sure about Queen W

There is no way they would do the Ryerson Student Centre, Eaton Centre is next door. I can see them doubling the TEC store way before adding another

Yorkville makes sense because they are on every high street in the world

Not sure about Queen W

Re: Yorkville - with Marchiano gone on Bay/Bloor, is it possible that that location will become an Apple store? The only other possibilities I can think of are clothing related - either Intermix (though people seem to think it's taking the old Lululemon location) or maybe J.Crew's second Toronto location.

Apple's customer service is notable because it doesn't end with the purchase. You can stop by the store for advice, lessons, repairs, accessories and more.

I just witnessed that first hand 3 days ago - a friend's home button on his 8 month old iphone wasn't working properly, so we went to the Apple store in Sherway to see what could be done about it. We literally walked out only 5 minutes later with a brand new phone.

Back