News   Jun 26, 2024
 67     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Apple Store

I don't think the space in the Dundas atrium is off the table yet. They may be putting up a wall, but a wall makes no sense for any retailer in that space, Apple or not. You want your product and store to be visible to everyone walking by. I wouldn't be surprised if the wall is just temporary. Keep in mind that no one has actually ruled that space out yet.

Insulating the wall could be a sign that work may happen on the exterior portion of the wall. I guess we will see what they end up doing with the space as the days and months go on.

Good to have that straightened out. Thanks R-I!

Apple must be looking at opening a bigger store somewhere downtown. I can't believe it's gone on for this long. I dread having to go into the Eaton Centre store. It's like navigating a gauntlet of humanity, and it's pretty terrible for their brand image.

Here's the crowd at the Rideau Centre Apple Store in Ottawa from a few minutes ago.
image.jpeg

That's about how busy the Eaton Centre store should be, not five times that. Downtown TO will easily be able to support 3 Apple Stores, maybe even more.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    728.6 KB · Views: 792
I was just at Sherway Gardens. Store looked like that photo. Eaton Centre does indeed tend to be wall to wall humanity.

Apple must be looking at opening a bigger store somewhere downtown. I can't believe it's gone on for this long. I dread having to go into the Eaton Centre store. It's like navigating a gauntlet of humanity, and it's pretty terrible for their brand image.

Stop buying Apple products and you won't have to deal with the crowded Apple stores. It's pretty clear Apple has zero interest expanding in Toronto.

1) That's not clear at all, and 2) ew.

The Rideau Centre store was twice as busy about two hours later.

I'm not sure what it is about the Eaton Centre location. I've been to dozens of Apple stores (hey, they're a reliable source of free WiFi when traveling) and the only one that was as unmanageably busy as Eaton Centre was the Fifth Avenue flagship.

Before the Sherway and Yorkdale stores expanded to twice and thrice their initial size respectively, they were often stuffed to the gills too.

Back