News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.9K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.9K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 683     0 

Apple Store

Posts going on and on, ad nauseum, about Apple vs. PC, adding virtually nothing to the debate and nothing to this thread about Apple stores, and the few posts that triggered them, have been moved here.

All existing tenants at 150 Bloor would vacate the current space and the existing retail space would be redeveloped with Apple taking 2 levels...this would be similar to the space Brooks Bro. were to have taken, but that deal went nowhere. Bottom line is that the space would undergo substantial work in order to accomadate a flagship retail tenant.

Hoarding is up on the 150 Bloor W space. Considering the state of 1 Bloor E, did Apple end up taking this space?

Attachments

• 38023291.jpg
    38023291.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 237
Hoarding is up on the 150 Bloor W space. Considering the state of 1 Bloor E, did Apple end up taking this space?

This location is still on the radar for several retailers, and at this point none have taken the plunge forward on a deal to lease this space.

I'm usually pretty reserved in my reaction to buildings but Apple's new Store in Shanghai just made me say:

Holy Eff!

165140-pudong_2.jpg

165139-pudong_1.jpg

It looks like their 5th Avenue store model was replicated here, this time in a cylinder rather than a cube.

I recall that last year, Apple's schedule of new stores included another one in Toronto. Any news on their flagship store on Bloor and where it will go?

I don't think we have room for a glass box with retail below grade like these flagship stores but something special for Canada's busiest shopping district is justified. I'm eager to see what Apple will come up with.

Last edited:
That's pretty impressive, in a batshit insane sort of way. I think I like their new Paris store better - it's a retrofit of an existing, beautiful building.

Looks monumental - but soul deadening like so much of New Shanghai. Personally I want a dodecahedron for the Toronto flagship store.

AoD

I've experienced extended warranties from Sony and FutureShop and I can tell you they both sucked monkey balls. Today, I still buy Sony and FutureShop products, but whenever I'm offered the spiel on extended warranties, I cut them off with repeated no Thanks.

Futureshop extended warranty is the biggest scam. I never buy it.

I hate the Apple store in the Eaton Centre. Every time I go in there the store is over crowded and noisy. I never get a chance to use anything or speak to a sales person. I want to buy a Mac but I won't buy it there. I hope they open a larger and nicer store on Bloor Street

It occurred to me this morning, walking past it, that the current Club Monaco at Bloor & Queen's Park would be an excellent spot for an Apple store.

adH:

The building is already spoken for as the site of the University of Toronto Art Gallery, though the status of that project is unknown.

Personally I thought the Scotiabank site or even Stollery would be better.

AoD

Last edited:
I hate the Apple store in the Eaton Centre. Every time I go in there the store is over crowded and noisy. I never get a chance to use anything or speak to a sales person. I want to buy a Mac but I won't buy it there. I hope they open a larger and nicer store on Bloor Street

Just go to Futureshop or Best Buy. They sell Macs too.

That Shanghai building is cool, but it seems impractical.

MetroMan: As previously mentioned the entrance to the Shanghai Apple Store does look like a round version of the main NYC 5th Avenue/59th Street store entrance...it would perhaps fit even better the spiral staircase at that NYC store's entrance and I remember reading someplace that those entranceways were designed in part by one of Apple's two Steves (Jobs or Wozniak) and that the glass staircase is an original idea...LI MIKE

Back