News   May 03, 2024
 603     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 289     0 

Another useless Apple vs PC thread

bAuHaUs

Member Bio
Reaction score
Come to the new Apple Store, Square One, and bring your curiosity. It's the best place to learn all about the Mac, check out an iPod, and see all the amazing things an iPhone can do. And if you find something you like, take it home that day. When you get to the store, find our Concierge in the orange shirt. The Concierge is your guide to everything from checking in for an appointment to instant checkout. If you're one of the first 1000 visitors, you'll get a free Apple T-shirt.* (no purchase necessary).

Things I thought about today re: Apple's iphone:

1)An application from various big retailers (Home Depot, for example) where you type in what you're looking for and it tells you which aisle/location it's in.
This would work, but I doubt stores would keep it updated after the initial launch.

2)self-checkout technology on the iphone.
Very cool idea. To make things even faster, your total could simply be added onto your phone bill, essentially making your account another type of credit card.

For the first point, stores are always keeping their own store locations updated. If they can find a way to sync their systems with the Iphone, then it wont be a problem. Information on stock can already be found online. All the stores would need to do is include locations with the stock information.

I love my iPod Touch, I can't wait for Apple's Keynote Event on Sept. 9th when it's expected the iPod Touch 3G will be announced and then go on sale in the days to come.
Call me a lemming, but the device is incredibly useful to me, fun, well designed, handles all my music & photos and has been 100% problem free.

If I'm a lemming for preferring a computer with a more stable operating system; software that better meets my needs and a set-up that lasts me a lot longer then sign me up for rodent duty.

All for the low, low price of $1499 (starting at, of course).

All for the low, low price of $1499 (starting at, of course).

I'm a happy PC guy, not a Mac guy (nor a Mac hater) but I have learned with major purchases that you pay for quality!

I've had both PC and Mac and I like both. Right now I'm settled on having a PC and an iPhone.

I'm a happy PC guy, not a Mac guy (nor a Mac hater) but I have learned with major purchases that you pay for quality!

dt: there's paying for quality and paying for flash. I'm certain there are systems of equal or superior build quality for much less than most Macs.

After all, if what you say is true, I'm assuming you own a $6,000 machine made by Falcon Northwest.

Back