News   Jul 22, 2024
 618     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 639     0 

Annex Town5 (126 Spadina Road, Joy Developments, 3s, Steven Fong)

You might feel differently if you were the one putting the money up, mortgaging your life, putting your ass on the line, paying fees and jumping hoops and generally bleeding money and someone doesn't like your taste. [/I][/I]
Actually, quite the opposite, I wish more buildings were opposed on the basis of ugliness. That wedding cake/doll house monstrosity is indefensibly ugly, and I woudn't wish it upon any place in the GTA. We should be able to do much better in this day and age.

You might feel differently if you were the one putting the money up, mortgaging your life, putting your ass on the line, paying fees and jumping hoops and generally bleeding money and someone doesn't like your taste. [/I][/I]

I can't quite figure out what you're saying here; that I'd feel differently if I purchased one of those units? In that case, not likely, as I'd never spend my money on something so reprehensible. If the design review process actually took aesthetic integrity into account, they'd have never been built.

I think he means if you were trying to build that monstrosity, spent money on an "architect" as well as putting together an application to the city and then someone in a position of power, who possessed better taste, denied your dream.

Of course, that was my second guess. In that case I would thank the design review process and realize in the future that they truly did me a favour, hopefully taking it as a learning experience that helps me develop professionally.

I am just saying be careful what you wish for. Thin edge of the wedge and all. I am in no way defending the wedding cake.

Back