News   Jul 23, 2024
 227     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 820     1 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 2.1K     0 

Annex Terraces & Muze Condo Towns (Bernard & Spadina, 3 +6s, Quadrangle)

Ah, it seems rather small and ignorable to me.

Milton invades The Annex.
Is that another way of saying the Annex is screwed?
robertson_logo.jpg

If it's infill, than it's a big meh out of me. It's bad faux for sure (and I'll even agree with US on this one), but it could be worse, like the stucco atrocities on Bathurst north of Queen. If it's replacing real Annex houses, then this is terrible news.

That woman - is that Morticia Addams?

To me, bad faux is stucco or cheap precast concrete made to look like stone. This looks pretty harmless.

Sweet Christmas! What the hell is that octagonal thing on the corner?

(And who is that terrifying woman on the website?)

.. they used to have her posted on site!

97Walmer.jpg

If it's infill, than it's a big meh out of me. It's bad faux for sure (and I'll even agree with US on this one), but it could be worse, like the stucco atrocities on Bathurst north of Queen. If it's replacing real Annex houses, then this is terrible news.

That woman - is that Morticia Addams?

These are the houses near the the corner ..

97Walmer1.jpg

... but I don't know if they'll remain as is or be demolished to make way for the new structure.

Well, they aren't really *on* the corner.

Basically, it's the same as a couple of blocks down Spadina: infill around a Uno Prii freestanding tower, nothing more, nothing less...

The design is nothing to write home about, but I like how it takes the rather useless property of a slab tower and fills it in. Recently, I've seen developers build microscale infill on the front lawns of old towers-in-the-parks and, design aside, it's a trend that I greatly welcome.

The design is nothing to write home about, but I like how it takes the rather useless property of a slab tower and fills it in. Recently, I've seen developers build microscale infill on the front lawns of old towers-in-the-parks and, design aside, it's a trend that I greatly welcome.

Oh! So it is the infill I was thinking of around there!

It's still faux (and not that good faux either), but given the circumstances of the site plan and that, it's true. It's harmless.

Back