News   Jul 23, 2024
 170     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 299     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 1.1K     3 

androiduk's My Toronto

Getting very crowded down there by the CN Tower. If the new buildings keep getting taller, those people walking around the edge of the CN Tower will be looking directly into peoples condos. I think a mixed use building of around 105 storeys would make it up to the height of the lower observation deck. Some of the latest proposed towers are inching towards 90 storeys and according to city hall there are no height restrictions for buildings near the CN Tower.

cncrowd.jpg

Last edited:
From this past Sunday celebrating Rememberance Day. This is Church just south of Bloor and I think these guys came up from the Moss Park Armoury. Not sure why they stopped here but they're facing the Grace Hospital.

remembrance12.jpg

"The Flatiron Mural by Derek Basant, 1998."
QUOTE: androiduk.

Question:

How many o/s walls does The Gooderham Building, built by George Gooderham, have?

Regards,
J T

The Gooderham Building aka The Flat Iron Building - 49 Wellington Street East has two walls.

The north wall is along Wellington Street with the south wall being along Front Street; the west wall

was not ever a part of the property, and is not to this day. Shown above with it's

"The Flatiron Mural by Derek Basant, 1998."
QUOTE: androiduk.

the west wall was part & parcel with the building to the west, 49 Wellington being "glued" to it's neigbour

and now Toronto City owned after it's demolition.

Regards,
J T

Back