News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 603     1 

Alderwood plaza

CHAMMY

Member Bio
Reaction score
As a lifelong resident of south Etobicoke, I cant help but notice the state of neglect Alderwood Plaza is in. There are numerous vacant stores, the parking lot is riddled with potholes, there are weeds and litter along with graffiti all over, the facade of the mall is a complete disaster etc. It looks like the owners have not put a dime in the place since it was built in the fifties. Any one out there agree.

No argument here - it's a horrid blight that can't be redeveloped soon enough. Couple of aA towers on a street fronting retail podium? One can always pray :)

Two or three years ago the supermarket was sitting empty and I had hopes that this might provide the opportunity to just redevelop this whole property. Alas, it didn't happen, and it looks like it won't in the foreseeable future. It's too bad, the neighbourhood is otherwise nice.

Totally agree Walt , I am Alderwood born and bred and it is definetely still one of the best areas in Toronto. That is why it kills me to see this prime piece of real estate in such neglect, with the owner and tenants seemingly oblivious to everything around them. Just received word today that the variety store is leaving after the owner doubled his rent, unbelievable for such a dump of a plaza,maybe the owner has plans that no one else knows about.

I hope he sells to a decent developer. The whole Sherway Gardens area is ripe for densification!

Hey, just wanted to let you know, the plaza has had quite a facelift now. The parking lot itself is still in need of repair, but there is a grocery store in there now that has lasted for a little while now, and a dollarama is soon to join. Some of the old stored have left, but its really alot easier on the eyes now

Back