374     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 498     0 

Against a development in my area

Flux Capacitor

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hello

Myself and several of nearby residents are against a development in a near by area. My City Councilor supports that development 100%.

If my city councilor wont help, who I could turn to?

Well if your councilor supports it, I don't see much a option.

Unless you can organize a huge number of people, I am doubtful.

Knock on local doors, stand on the sidewalk with a clipboard, talk to people, circulate a petition, go to Public Information Centres and speak your mind, then wait around afterwards so that those who heard you can talk with you if they want. If people agree with you, you may gain some traction. You won't get any notice if you don't have people agreeing with you.

Knock on local doors, stand on the sidewalk with a clipboard, talk to people, circulate a petition, go to Public Information Centres and speak your mind, then wait around afterwards so that those who heard you can talk with you if they want. If people agree with you, you may gain some traction. You won't get any notice if you don't have people agreeing with you. 42

You also need to find out WHY your Councillor supports the development - they may have a good reason to support development A over development B and if you are to protest you need to understand what the options are and exactly where your councillor stands and why they stand there. You also should try to talk to a City Planner; they do not always agree with councillors and might give you useful ideas!

How does the development compare to existing zoning? If no significant changes required in zoning, then the councillor would most likely not oppose it, because there is little to be gained; and then supporting the project but asking for concessions would gain more for the community than standing against it, and not having any input on the project.

How does the development compare to existing zoning? If no significant changes required in zoning, then the councillor would most likely not oppose it, because there is little to be gained; and then supporting the project but asking for concessions would gain more for the community than standing against it, and not having any input on the project.

Agree with nfitz, you can also ask for an avenue study which is what our community did and got. Where there is potential for one condo others will follow. Don't look for the OMB to be your saviour they would permit a lemonade stand be built on the 401 (Adma insert lemon truck here). Good luck

Hello

Myself and several of nearby residents are against a development in a near by area. My City Councilor supports that development 100%.

If my city councilor wont help, who I could turn to?

What's the development?

Back