News   May 03, 2024
 614     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 389     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 213     0 

Afghanistan debate (Hillier, new troops)

"if you don't support the mission in Afghanistan then you must support the terrorists" is a harper concept borrowed from bush and does not reflect the reality of what people support at all.

If I don't respond it's because I don't care to be rude to opinions I find obtuse.

Then I believe you should have properly entitled this thread "Jade Lee's Soapbox Soliloquies: The Afghanistan Problem."

If you don't care to respond to others there's no point pretending you wish to engage a two-way conversation. By your own admission your mind is not open to debate on this issue--not open at all.

I have been clear about what I think and why I think it....your attempt to discredit what I believe should illicit a response?

I have responded and I have also disclosed the reasons why I don't respond to all....geesh what more can a girl go? I particularly enjoyed the comments on my syntax from others here. Too funny. And now the soapbox comments.....charming.

The fact is the Afghan mission is a failure like all the other knee jerk reactions of the bush administration and so many have followed this fool blindly. I don't have to research that fact and support it with the copious amount of proof out there do I?

No hydrogen I for one think that reality should be faced. Who are these foolish people trying to kid......these wars are extreme failures due to the morons involved. I don't trust them or my own government at the moment.

Thank gawd others around the world have not tried to change the way we continue to treat the native people of Canada.......

The fact is the Afghan mission is a failure like all the other knee jerk reactions of the bush administration and so many have followed this fool blindly. I don't have to research that fact and support it with the copious amount of proof out there do I?

No, you don't have to do research; the only risk is that you will be uninformed. So far, this has not been a bother for you.

By the way, the Afghan mission is not over.

Facts and rebuttals will convince people; statements that you can't be bothered won't. Just admit you are too lazy to back up your opinions and you'll save yourself the bother of acting offended that we're asking for more.

No what I am saying is that the information is out there to support all my claims here, I have read them as this has been the divide in the politics of these current wars. Obviously you disagree with my informed opinion as it differs from your informed opinion but I can tell you right now that the mission will be over upon the next American election and I wonder what kind of success you will claim it to be then, I wonder if men like Hillier will remain being your war hero and I also wonder what you will think of all those Canadian tax dollars spent to do absolutely nothing to change the circumstance of this so called ridiculous "war on terrorism"?

Is this posting in threes some kind of measure to ward off the dark powers of the Trilateral Commission or are they illustrating the strikeout principle mentioned in the title of this thread? :D

But it's gratifying to see you went from calling people obtuse to saying they have an informed opinion. As for the war on terrorism being ridiculous, let's just say I wouldn't support the war on terror if there was no terror in the first place. But I think we all know the score on that one. And no, it doesn't mean I necessarily support U.S. policy in this regard.

Change on Nov. 4th? Not sure of the connection but if you mean an Obama win then I'm all for it--he'd have my vote. But don't expect his policy of engagement to result in America pulling up stakes and leaving Afghanistan anytime soon.

Back