855     1 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 772     0 

Aerial View of City Hall

J

janschot

¿Where can I find a copy of today's banner aerial image of Old City Hall? I'd like to track down the source but can't quite read the text on the image itself. I'm also interested in finding out information about all of those warehouse-type buildings which were where the Eaton Centre, etc. now is. Ground level photos would be great. Also, pictures or information on the Ward (where New City Hall is). Many thanks.

The Eaton store was located to the east of old city hall. North of city hall was an Eaton discount store and I guess a warehouse for the chain.

That area looked so much better back then... I wish we still had those old brick warehouses.

I think the picture is from the CN Railway archives. If you send me your email (torontoforum at yahoo.com) I can send you a higher res. version of the picture.

Has anyone been inside the center (outside portion) of old city hall. Care to describe it?

It's a parking lot (and, interestingly, was always designed to be), surrounded by the same Credit Valley Limestone walls as we see on the outside of the building. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Wow, thats weired. Thought it would be a garden with a gazeebo or something like that. Where do the cars enter in from?

There's a big entrance arch on the north side.

I thought the walls inside the courtyard were of brick--y'know, it's not the part "for show"...

Back