News   Jul 17, 2024
 113     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 742     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 534     0 

Advice on best neighbourhoods to move too?

black population?

what happened with diversity and getting along with people? I am not even black but find that quite racist. Very strange request.

that's not racist at all. the very fact that you are not black (i'm guessing you are white) explains your misunderstanding. is it racist for chinese immigrants to want to move into chinatown? to be surrounded by like-minded people who speak their language and understand the difficulties they may face? besides, it's not as though she's avoiding interaction with other people, she just wants a sense familiarity.

minority canadians have a complicated balancing act to perform. nobody wants to be discriminated against or isolated because of their ethnicity. at the same time, each canadian has the right to promote their distinct culture as it necessarily forms their identity. to take away their customs or beliefs for the sake of some sort of false national unity is silly.

we don't live in a post-racial society, we never will, and i certainly don't think that is something we should strive for. anyway, english rose, ignore that. good luck finding a place to live.

Last edited:
I am not white. I am mixed and enjoy being around people from my background as well -eastern european, asian, arab. I have also lived in many different countries. Only one difference is I wouldnt use color to describe anyone. Chinese are people from China; using black i find racist as is not a reference to a culture or country. Not all blacks share the same language - as you posted. Just to note, we have blacks in saudi arabia and yemen as well.

anyway i dont wnat stir up anything. apologies. welcome to canada and i hope you find a nice place.

I am not white...using black i find racist as is not a reference to a culture or country. Not all blacks share the same language...

Oh, so you want to play that one. Well I find your use of the term 'white' to be racist. In fact, how does this sound:

'I am not black, using white I find racist as it is not a reference to a culture or country. Not all whites share the same language.'

Either way it's not racist at all, and I really can't stand that term nowadays. It's almost never used correctly in the proper context. I swear, so many inane conversations and usages of the word are along the lines of:

"So I met this nice [insert race] person today."
"OMG [race] person, u r so RACIST!!!1 They like to be called [ridiculous PC term, that is likely incorrect]"

Back