News   Jul 30, 2024
 548     3 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.3K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 595     0 

Adam Vaughan, Shelley Carroll consider mayoral run in 2014

Never. I work in construction and started going to the gym again. Also I'm an angry youth. I can do this. Please? :p

That is a much higher than normal turnout for a municipal election these days. Makes me wonder: do we live in a city full of misers? I mean, I feel like an ideological and lifestyle minority at all times but the fact that someone like Ford was able to muster such support makes me feel even more eccentric.

Why? Rob Ford did not graduate from university, and look what it got him.

Wait a minute. Bad example.

I guess you can add Adam Vaughan and Kristyn Tam-Wong to the same group (they never even attended!)

I don't think Shelley Carroll has an undergrad either?

Smitherman is a highschool dropout!...

Sad state of affairs.

Last edited:
I guess you can add Adam Vaughan and Kristyn Tam-Wong to the same group (they never even attended!)

I don't think Shelley Carroll has an undergrad either?

Smitherman is a highschool dropout!...

Sad state of affairs.
But you would never know it by the way Vaughan communicates as do the others. You get surely see it by the way Rob Ford communicates and to a lessor extend his brother

Another aspect worth analyzing.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

East York:112,054
York:150,255
Old Toronto:736,775
Most Likely pro Vaughan:999084

Etobicoke:347,948
Scarborough:602,575
North York:635,370
Most Likely either anti-Vaughan or Pro Ford:1585893

Wouldn't a high turnout means that Ford would get an edge? Suburbs have 60% of the population.
In a scenario Vaughan vs Ford, no matter how dumb Ford is, he would easily paint Vaughan as a anti-suburb candidate.

Shelley Carroll running??? I roll my eyes every time she's about to say something and wish someone would just shut her up when she's constantly interrupting with her none sense. Even Nunziata can's shut her up.

Last edited:

Correct me if I'm wrong:

Wouldn't a high turnout means that Ford would get an edge? Suburbs have 60% of the population.
In a scenario Vaughan vs Ford, no matter how dumb Ford is, he would easily paint Vaughan as a anti-suburb candidate.

Shelley Carroll running??? I roll my eyes every time she's about to say something and wish someone would just shut her up when she's constantly interrupting with her none sense. Even Nunziata can's shut her up.
The population figures are quite outdated. The numbers you used are the 2001 census figures and the 2011 census figures are released.

And besides, you have to remember re the "most likely pro Ford/Vaughan" analysis is that it's not just a matter of being pro, it's a matter of degree as well--it isn't like the respective zones'll be pro whichever side by an equal quotient, after all. (Take the 2003 election, for instance--Etob/Scarb/NY all opted for John Tory, but that wasn't enough to overcome the massive inner-city advantage + reasonable-enough suburban showing of David Miller. And the situation was inverted in 2010 on behalf of Ford--landslides in the suburban wards, and a reasonable-enough showing in the urban wards, if 20%ish can be deemed reasonable-enough.)

Other than scrapping the vehicle registration tax which Ford got rid of (though recently members of his executive tried to bring forth parking tax measures which was rejected), getting rid of Jarvis bike lanes (2 measures that cost the city needed revenue), what else has Ford accomplished? He failed on his waterfront vision, failed on getting the Eglinton LRT entirely underground, failed on getting the Sheppard subway extended plus now there will be eventually an LRT along Finch (not good news for those suburban car drivers. City workers settled their contract negotiations but what did Ford have to do with that? Besides, its now like under previous administrations there were constantly striking which is what Ford would like us to think. He has no further agenda to pursue. And for sure people that voted for him have clearly seen they made a mistake. We hardly hear him talk and in fact his brother Doug talks more to the media than Rob Ford. Can you imagine Rob Ford opening the PanAM games.

Other than scrapping the vehicle registration tax which Ford got rid of (though recently members of his executive tried to bring forth parking tax measures which was rejected), getting rid of Jarvis bike lanes (2 measures that cost the city needed revenue), what else has Ford accomplished? He failed on his waterfront vision, failed on getting the Eglinton LRT entirely underground, failed on getting the Sheppard subway extended plus now there will be eventually an LRT along Finch (not good news for those suburban car drivers. City workers settled their contract negotiations but what did Ford have to do with that? Besides, its now like under previous administrations there were constantly striking which is what Ford would like us to think. He has no further agenda to pursue. And for sure people that voted for him have clearly seen they made a mistake. We hardly hear him talk and in fact his brother Doug talks more to the media than Rob Ford. Can you imagine Rob Ford opening the PanAM games.

He's still looking for gravy...

Correct me if I'm wrong:

First off nobody NY like Rob Ford. NY is just as liberal as downtown.

Back