256     0 

866 The Queensway (?,?,?)

Something brewing here...

It's only a minor variance.

No Rezoning, No Site Plan.

Probably not all that substantial.

This is the building:

1702441036534.png

Best sushi / omakase in the City on the right there...

PE, you're full of surprises today; first you're way up at 3450 Dufferin, which for you seems slightly beyond the outer realm of civilization...........

Then you're leaning into your foodie side; but all the way out on The Queensway, which seems beyond your western frontier.

Next thing you know you'll turn up in Scarborough telling us where to get the best roti!

Last edited:
PE, you're full of surprises today; first your way up at 3450 Dufferin, which for you seems slightly beyond the outer realm of civilization...........
🚀
Then you're leaning into your foodie side; but all the way out on The Queensway, which seems beyond your western frontier.
Not an everyday dinner, mind you. Mitsuhiro Kaji's prices (and reservation difficulty) rightly aren't for the faint of heart...
Next think you know you'll turn up in Scarborough telling us where to get the best roti!
Islington and Albion!

The Queensway has several restaurant gems scattered along it. I've recently become a fan of Mamma Martino's. And there's a good Vietnamese place further west closer to Ikea called Pho Ngoc Yen.
How do you like Mama Martino's?? It's awful...

Oh, I've never been but @interchange42 might fight you on that one!
Mamma Martino's is the Italian version of Swiss Chalet: you don't go there for fine dining, you go there for cheap and cheerful, and they have plenty of both. Their salad dressing, in the meantime, makes me sing.

Mamma Martino's is the Italian version of Swiss Chalet: you don't go there for fine dining, you go there for cheap and cheerful, and they have plenty of both. Their salad dressing, in the meantime, makes me sing.

As the man who introduced the masses to the virtue of the Maple Bacon doughnut; I had to investigate this Karaoke-inducing Salad Dressing....

1702579159845.png

From: https://www.blogto.com/restaurants/mamma-martinos-toronto/

I have to say, the dressing may be sensational........but a salad of only leaves and under-ripe tomato....... I dunno.

It might be reasonably priced, but the last two times I went the food was terrible. I ordered spaghetti with bolognese sauce - it was watery, luke warm, unsalted, lacking oregano (or any discernible herbs, really), and worst of all, hardly any ground meat. It was below food court level. My mum's chicken parmigiana sucked too.

It might be reasonably priced, but the last two times I went the food was terrible. I ordered spaghetti with bolognese sauce - it was watery, luke warm, unsalted, lacking oregano (or any discernible herbs, really), and worst of all, hardly any ground meat. It was below food court level. My mum's chicken parmigiana sucked too.
Yeah, that doesn't sound so good. The Chicken Parmigiana is a better bet there.

Back