News   May 01, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 338     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 357     0 

78-84 Vaughan Rd (n of St. Clair W, future redevelopment)

Sign me up! (Toronto developers could never)

43839447.jpg

If you think Kirkor could do the Hotel Zaandam, I don't know what you're smoking...

I think hotel is unattractive and too busy.

Doubtless the skill to involved in utilizing that particular set of detail/cladding exceeds the design skill of KirKor, but that doesn't make it any less unappealing.

It's a jumble.

Tourist district Amsterdam.

I'm aware, I've been, more than once.

I quite like that architecture though; and it is what I associate w/Amsterdam along w/the canals.

They also have lots of 4 floor apartments with abundant parking that would have fit in fairly well in Regent Park 20 years ago. The roadway structure is what really differentiates the bulk of Amsterdam from mid-rise Toronto.

View attachment 557296

While I like the trees and the scale in the above, I find the architecture rather sad, very dull colour palate and just mediocre quality, along with being a tad generic.

While I like the trees and the scale in the above, I find the architecture rather sad, very dull colour palate and just mediocre quality, along with being a tad generic.

That was my point. 95% of Amsterdam architecture isn't particularly unique or inspiring. Amsterdam-inspired, without the highly selective rose glasses, would be a downgrade from what Toronto typically gets.

Back