News   Jul 11, 2024
 193     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 517     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 633     1 

775 King West Condos (Minto) - Real Estate -

The building seems to be selling quite well actually. I was in there the other day and they already have both phases released and for sale, which wasn't the original plan as far as I know.
Some units are quite pricey, but I think that is to be expected given the location and the builder.
Parking is a whopping $44,070 including HST, which I found to be borderline outrageous.
In terms of architecture, it is somewhat forgettable though. The photos and renderings remind me a lot of Boutique condos. But I guess it could be worse.
Minto is touting all the usual green features of the place. Rainwater harvesting, bike and car share, even wall outlets for designated underground parking spots for those of us who drive a (illegal) Zenn.
All around a decent addition to King West in my opinion. It kind of fits right in, architecturally, with it's location in the middle of King West. Not as nice as Charlie, M5V or even Victory to the east, but nicer than most buildings in Liberty Village to the west.

The building seems to be selling quite well actually. I was in there the other day and they already have both phases released and for sale, which wasn't the original plan as far as I know.
Some units are quite pricey, but I think that is to be expected given the location and the builder.
Parking is a whopping $44,070 including HST, which I found to be borderline outrageous.

Yikes!!! On a $350k unit, the parking alone will be about 13% of the cost...

$44,070 is a weird number to charge for parking, no?

Dropped into the sales centre for a quick view weeks ago and it seems like they still have a a decent of units to be sold.

According to the sales reps (who at times are a bit clueless and non-chalant about being informed about the project) ... they've sold the requisite percentage and have all the financing in place to break ground on the project.

Condo docs indicate that they wont break ground until late 2010 with 2012 winter completion date.

Agreed ... parking is absolutely absurd ! ... still contemplating whether or not to buy it or not though :S ... *does it help or hurt re-sale?!*

Building is not striking and attention grabbing at the Freed developments .... it'd say it's a bit more conservative and along the lines of the hudson ...

Curious what kind of retail will end up on the ground level ... hope it's nicely presented unlike some of the other retail spaces in adjacent buildings ..

Could not agree more. Adjacent buildings have horrendous looking retail store fronts.

Hoping Minto pushes a more uniform and streamlined store frontages.

The Keg at the London building (in the lower esplanade) is actually quite nice. That look would be great for the Minto building.

Keg is already moving into the bottom of Freed's Fashion House so you're out of luck.

I couldn't disagree more with ^^ though. Uniform frontages are boring, homogeneous, and lifeless and I sincerely hope Minto doesn't do what most condo developers do.

parking is 39000 + HST. I believe that since $30-35000 is common now for parking, they wanted to stay below $40000, so they will say it is $39000 and blame the government

Did anyone get an update on occupancy date for east tower (78 Tecumseth)? I am past the 90 day notification date and assuming we are occupying in January?

Last edited:
In terms of architecture, it is somewhat forgettable though. The photos and renderings remind me a lot of Boutique condos. But I guess it could be worse.
Minto is touting all the usual green features of the place. Rainwater harvesting, bike and car share, even wall outlets for designated underground parking spots for those of us who drive a (illegal) Zenn.
All around a decent addition to King West in my opinion. It kind of fits right in, architecturally, with it's location in the middle of King West. Not as nice as Charlie, M5V or even Victory to the east, but nicer than most buildings in Liberty Village to the west.

In this area the absolute max you'd pay for parking is 175/month. So $40,000 would buy you 20 years of parking!! Add the interest and taxes and condo fees for the parking, and it's not even worth it. Not even in the resale market.

Back