News   Jul 18, 2024
 349     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 505     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 854     0 

650 Bay St Boutique Hotel Redevelopment (Lanterra, ?s, ?)

i dont think the brick would stand a chance with sandblasting.
maybe they have plans to just re-clad or rebrick it, or horror of horrors .... stucco !?!

Put it out of my misery. The only thing worse than loss of dignity in old age is the embalming (EIFS) and public display that comes at the end.

There is now a "Leased" sign on the Elm St. side. There was someone working in the building this morning, but no visible change since the installation of those ultracheap doors and windows. What a depressing eyesore.

What here is worth saving? The building isn't remarkable in terms of its architecture, and its structure is in terrible shape. I'm all for preservation, but this one doesn't seem worth the effort.

Also, on thetorontoblog, the agent wrote on Monday:

"The north unit is already rented out and expected to have tenants starting their business there by August. The outside work is starting as well and we should start to see Limestone being added this week."

Good find Bayer !! thanks ~

Hard to imagine its going to this:

http://addysaeed.com/treblog/?p=314

From this:
650baya.jpg

I wish I had seen this thread earlier or even started it...

The poor condition of brick that is shown in earlier pictures were different products that were experimented with to restore to exterior to the original brick with no avail. The exterior is being covered up with Limestone and the work has started already...

I'm here to answer any questions that anyone has...

welcome to UT Addy ~

any ideas how many rooms and who the hotel operator will be??

Welcome to UT Addy. What is being proposed for the upper floors? Is the owner planning on hanging on to this property or was it bought with redevelopment of this block in mind? Thanks.

welcome to UT Addy ~

any ideas how many rooms and who the hotel operator will be??

There will be 24 rooms up stairs in the hotel... The Toronto Star did a story on this and it's actually in print today in the Greater Toronto Section on page 4. Definitely worth a read...

Welcome to UT Addy. What is being proposed for the upper floors? Is the owner planning on hanging on to this property or was it bought with redevelopment of this block in mind? Thanks.

The owner is planning on hanging onto the property with future development not off the table... The north side on the main floor have just been leased for 10 years so development won't be anytime soon...

Thanks for the warm welcomes...

Back