619     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

6-14 Anndale (Empire, ?s, ?)

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
The Lobbyist Registry tells us that the above properties are in play, and Empire is at the table.

That is this block of properties just s/e of Sheppard and Yonge:

1707835167800.png

Aerial Pic:

1707835238629.png

Site size: ~30,000ft2

Comments: We always learn by consulting @sunnyraytoronto when examining sites in this area.

What we do know now is this:

1) The site abuts properties to the east destined to be part of the North York Ring Road.

2) The site abuts properties to the north looking to be redeveloped, which I first discussed here:

Those are from a different proponent.

3) There are lot of tall precedents to the west, and soon to be proposed to the north. but one of the blocks to the immediate south also has relatively new 3s heights, and there is also lowrise to the immediate west. This could be a constraint on ambitious height here.

I'm gonna have to call Bull-Sh!t on this proposal!

First, I'm surprised somebody not named Oulahen was able to Land-Assemble anything in Avondale!

Oh, wait,.... this isn't even a Land-Assembly! It's just a group of lots owned by different owners (as of today),...
- (2 & 4 Anndale Dr owned by City of Toronto)
- 6 Anndale Dr owned by Hossein Mostafavi aka: "Mr.MOST" - who is,.. err, WAS a realtor,.. he's such a sleaze-ball he lost his real estate license,... think about it, how much of a lying cheating low-life do you have to be to lose a real estate license! Anyways, whenever I do property search in Willowdale, it's quite common to have his name pop up as owner - primarily on older houses ready for rebuild/redevelopment,... he's a middle-man who funnels/launder foreign investment money from Iran into Toronto real estate market.
- 8 Anndale Dr owned by EMPIRE at 125 Villarboit Cres, Vaughan
- 10 Anndale Dr owned by a couple
- 12 Anndale Dr owned by City of Toronto
- 14 Anndale Dr owned by an individual
There is NO 16 Anndale Drive

Note:
- Anyone can submit a Development Application to City Planning,... even for properties they don't own!
- It's possible and likely that EMPIRE has agreements with the other owners, including agreements to purchase later.
- Non-Park City properties like 12 Anndale Dr & even parts of 4 Anndale Dr are often up for grabs to Developers if the price is right,... here, it gives the City leverage in negotiation.

Ayways, key to this proposal is Doris South Extension - which will run along Tradewind Ave and it's <cough> straight <cough> extension north through backyards of lots along west-side of Bonnington Place,... this is the hard boundary of North York Centre Secondary Plan
- to the east are protected existing Single Residential House neighbourhood
- to the west are high-density - with basically no transistion along Doris/Tradewind!
- 3-storey townhouses to south were part of package with Menkes' three 23-storey Cosmos-Savvy condo towers on that block,... and the previous Councillors desire for Transition since Doris Extension was questionable back then,... now Doris South Extension is a sure thing but delayed and likely more delay!

Here, they should easily get 25-storey here,.. likely higher to west VS tapered podium towards east as there's angular plane from protected Single Residential House neighbourhood to the east.

These lots are 100ft deep,... with City's 25m rule between towers and expectation that adjacent sites should each set their towers at 12.5m (41ft) from property line, this site's tower will need to be 12.5m from northern boundary where there's another proposal from LEV 47 & 49 Sheppard East,... add required setback from city sidewalk of say 20ft, this will be skinny 40ft wide towers with rectangular floorplate.

The interesting part is,... this Lobbying is appearing 2 months after that for adjacent LEV 47 & 49 Sheppard East,... I suspect they weren't able to come to a deal together. This site would likely generate more density and total floor area (thus, units) if it was part of the LEV proposal to the north - but due to it's much smaller lot size, it's tower will be more constrained to be 12.5m from adjacent property line rule. The valuation of these lots is based on potential of what can be built,....

I'm calling Bull-Sh!t on this proposal because,... the resulting skinny floor-plate tower will be expensive and inefficient to build. I suspect this is more of an exercise to get as much density as possible on this site, so they can UpZone-to-Flip,...

I'm gonna have to call Bull-Sh!t on this proposal!

First, I'm surprised somebody not named Oulahen was able to Land-Assemble anything in Avondale!

Oh, wait,.... this isn't even a Land-Assembly! It's just a group of lots owned by different owners (as of today),...
- (2 & 4 Anndale Dr owned by City of Toronto)
- 6 Anndale Dr owned by Hossein Mostafavi aka: "Mr.MOST" - who is,.. err, WAS a realtor,.. he's such a sleaze-ball he lost his real estate license,... think about it, how much of a lying cheating low-life do you have to be to lose a real estate license! Anyways, whenever I do property search in Willowdale, it's quite common to have his name pop up as owner - primarily on older houses ready for rebuild/redevelopment,... he's a middle-man who funnels/launder foreign investment money from Iran into Toronto real estate market.
- 8 Anndale Dr owned by EMPIRE at 125 Villarboit Cres, Vaughan
- 10 Anndale Dr owned by a couple
- 12 Anndale Dr owned by City of Toronto
- 14 Anndale Dr owned by an individual
There is NO 16 Anndale Drive

Note:
- Anyone can submit a Development Application to City Planning,... even for properties they don't own!
- It's possible and likely that EMPIRE has agreements with the other owners, including agreements to purchase later.
- Non-Park City properties like 12 Anndale Dr & even parts of 4 Anndale Dr are often up for grabs to Developers if the price is right,... here, it gives the City leverage in negotiation.

Ayways, key to this proposal is Doris South Extension - which will run along Tradewind Ave and it's <cough> straight <cough> extension north through backyards of lots along west-side of Bonnington Place,... this is the hard boundary of North York Centre Secondary Plan
- to the east are protected existing Single Residential House neighbourhood
- to the west are high-density - with basically no transistion along Doris/Tradewind!
- 3-storey townhouses to south were part of package with Menkes' three 23-storey Cosmos-Savvy condo towers on that block,... and the previous Councillors desire for Transition since Doris Extension was questionable back then,... now Doris South Extension is a sure thing but delayed and likely more delay!

Here, they should easily get 25-storey here,.. likely higher to west VS tapered podium towards east as there's angular plane from protected Single Residential House neighbourhood to the east.

These lots are 100ft deep,... with City's 25m rule between towers and expectation that adjacent sites should each set their towers at 12.5m (41ft) from property line, this site's tower will need to be 12.5m from northern boundary where there's another proposal from LEV 47 & 49 Sheppard East,... add required setback from city sidewalk of say 20ft, this will be skinny 40ft wide towers with rectangular floorplate.

The interesting part is,... this Lobbying is appearing 2 months after that for adjacent LEV 47 & 49 Sheppard East,... I suspect they weren't able to come to a deal together. This site would likely generate more density and total floor area (thus, units) if it was part of the LEV proposal to the north - but due to it's much smaller lot size, it's tower will be more constrained to be 12.5m from adjacent property line rule. The valuation of these lots is based on potential of what can be built,....

I'm calling Bull-Sh!t on this proposal because,... the resulting skinny floor-plate tower will be expensive and inefficient to build. I suspect this is more of an exercise to get as much density as possible on this site, so they can UpZone-to-Flip,...

I knew who to tag on this one...........

Ty for your insights as always!

Back