500 Sherbourne Condos (Times Group Corporation) - Real Estate -

weird, I've never had an issue with the floors....not one scratch.

I do know there was a floor at the sales center that they discontinued because it scratched. It's in the management office right now. It looks pretty awful because you can see all the scratches. Wonder if those are the floors erin got.

Just looking at the pics...the 2nd floor lounge furniture/decor is pretty underwhelming. Those couches look awful. Maybe it's still a work in progress? Light fixtures are great though.

We love the light fixtures, would like a smaller version for our place, wonder where they got them.

P.S does anyone know which car sharing company they went with?

Not sure where they got those light fixtures. We went shopping for lights/lamps pass weekend & Union Lighting at Castlefield road (north of Eglinton / East of Keele) has a huge collection. They have a website where you can see quite a good selection and there are more on the floor.

Another "smallish" shop we went to is Morba on Queen x Bathurst.

I think they are using AutoShare. I can't wait for autoshare to put a car there. According to Bryan, the parking spot is ready for them now.

Oh, shame, I am a Zipcar guy at the mo, I guess I can switch lol. also are the storage lockers ready for storing? have a lot in our current locker that will need a new home/ or given to goodwill.

Hi Legin, on your closing you'll be given keys to unit & lock for locker. We currently stored quite a few things there cos our furniture hasn't arrive & we can't unpack everything.

I'm with autoshare so am super excited about it. We did a little research before we choose who to go with & found that autoshare was best for us. I'm sure once it's available, autoshare wil be giving some kind of "special rate" to residents.

Oh, I meant to say also that there's another website you can check out for lighting is " http://www.lightform.ca/ ". They have quite nice selection. Some are pricey but I'm sure you can print out the picture & ask other lighting stores if they have something similar. Good luck with the hunt.

Hey I was wondering if anyone got black-out blinds for the bedrooms of their units? I was never asked which kind I wanted and now I have a very challenging task of figuring out how to put drapes or something else to make the room darker? The way the bulkheads etc are done it makes it almost impossible to do, (at least in the 09 unit). Anyone else has this problem?
I was told that if I replace them I would be breaking the contract with Tarion and things would not be covered.
I understand and I am grateful for the uniformity of the blinds, but wouldn't think some having blackout wouldn't make any difference.

Last edited:
Hey I was wondering if anyone got black-out blinds for the bedrooms of their units? I was never asked which kind I wanted and now I have a very challenging task of figuring out how to put drapes or something else to make the room darker? The way the bulkheads etc are done it makes it almost impossible to do, (at least in the 09 unit). Anyone else has this problem?
I was told that if I replace them I would be breaking the contract with Tarion and things would not be covered.
I understand and I am grateful for the uniformity of the blinds, but wouldn't think some having blackout wouldn't make any difference.

Yea, I'm not sure why they diddn't use black-out blinds in the bedrooms. It's really difficult if you're trying to sleep during the day.

Ok cool, thanks shelfun, I guess I can switch to Autoshare, will have to see when my membership is up with Zip.

And thanks for the lighting info, saw a nice one at Rona of all places, but will wait until we get in (July 12th) before we buy anything. Visitor Parking on King Street had some nice ones too. and some amazing furniture.

Yea, I'm not sure why they diddn't use black-out blinds in the bedrooms. It's really difficult if you're trying to sleep during the day.

So has anyone else asked if this is an option or inquired as to options.
I am sorry but I need my beauty sleep and if I am unable to change them to black out myself because of Tarion, what's the option?

Ok cool, thanks shelfun, I guess I can switch to Autoshare, will have to see when my membership is up with Zip.

And thanks for the lighting info, saw a nice one at Rona of all places, but will wait until we get in (July 12th) before we buy anything. Visitor Parking on King Street had some nice ones too. and some amazing furniture.

There are tons of zipcar locations right by the condo, I am a member and looked yesterday. Right on Huntley and Isabella and Jarvis and Wellsley to name 2.

So has anyone else asked if this is an option or inquired as to options.
I am sorry but I need my beauty sleep and if I am unable to change them to black out myself because of Tarion, what's the option?

Just curious who did you speak to regarding changing blinds & voiding warranty? I'm pretty sure if you only change that one panel, only that panel will not be covered under the warranty & the rest of the unit shouldn't be affected.

I wonder if you can ask Sia who is the contractor & find out if they have the black out ones that they can install.

Just curious who did you speak to regarding changing blinds & voiding warranty? I'm pretty sure if you only change that one panel, only that panel will not be covered under the warranty & the rest of the unit shouldn't be affected.

I wonder if you can ask Sia who is the contractor & find out if they have the black out ones that they can install.

I did they gave me her name and she referred me back to sales office who said I couldn't do anything basically.

Gym is now open...didn't know. I'm pretty impressed...it's large and there's a lot of equipment in there. 6-7 cardio machines is pretty good for a condo.

The gym is nice.
BBQ's will be on the 5th Floor, the big terrace where the cabanas etc are going. I'm sure it will still be a while.

Have you seen the new elevator? It's very nice.
Unfortunately, its already scratched up by construction workers (most likely)!
Its a shame. Hopefully they won't uncover any others until the work is completed.

Back