News   May 03, 2024
 322     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 399     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 831     0 

450 Pape Avenue (Eracon Holdings, Cool Earth, 3s/4s, Catherine Naismith Architects)

ChesterCopperpot

Member Bio
Reaction score
Convert an existing three storey house with a two storey annex building with a house and annex addition. The annex would gain a 3 and 4th storey. There will be 28 residential units (10 studio, 12 1 bedroom and 5 2 bedroom units) with 5 interior and 13 exterior parking spaces [9 regular, 2 carshare and 2 visitor] and 33 bicycle parking spaces [28 long-term internal and 5 short term external]

This is the beautiful William Harris House / Cranfield House at Pape Avenue and Riverdale Avenue. It operated as a home for young mothers by the Salvation Army until 2011.

It looks like they will be gutting out the interior of the heritage house and annex building. The existing annex building will have 2 floors added to it and reclad as well.

Not much in the way of a rendering in the architectural plans available on the city website

11iohoj.png

At the June city Council - there was some talk of the city using funds to purchase the Property to make it into affordable housing but it was deferred indefinitely

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2016.CC19.6

Sounds like a graceful reimagining of this Old Dame. I often admire it whilst driving past. And Catherine at the helm is a good sign, since she's so enthusiastic about heritage. She was instrumental at guiding the nearby South Riverdale Conservation District to completion a few years ago.

But things were hopping there today for a very different reason. Film shoot for a remake of Stephen King's 'It'. Three cops on site as well, directing traffic to completely stop during the shooting of key scenes. A few cell pics..

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,816
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    956 KB · Views: 1,091
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,788
Last edited:
They spent 2 weeks filming in and around 2 houses and 2 streets in Weston last month for it too.

Is there a Database file for this project? I could just be missing it. I live in the neighbourhood and would be keen to snoop on progress updates—the site seems to be consistently busy with various trades. Look forward to seeing this lovely heritage property revitalized for Nellie's.

IMG_0431.jpg
IMG_0434.jpg

Is there a Database file for this project? I could just be missing it. I live in the neighbourhood and would be keen to snoop on progress updates—the site seems to be consistently busy with various trades. Look forward to seeing this lovely heritage property revitalized for Nellie's.

View attachment 292588View attachment 292587
No database file yet. If there were, you'd find it attached to the top of the page.

Back