News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 375     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 949     1 

Toronto 4 Graydon Hall Dr (?, 12s, Joseph Barna)

This is taken today. Where exactly are they going to squeeze that building? Hardly any room for a few trees.

IMG_20150911_104914.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150911_104914.jpg
    IMG_20150911_104914.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 826
right on the hill where the trees are now in front of Argento ... that area certainly is NOT the front yard of the Tridel building (as it is made to look now)

It is common knowledge that the "green" space around the many towers built 20+ years ago goes unused. With that in mind this development seems to be an appropriate intensification for the area. Residents are within walking distance to the Sheppard Line and full retail services at Fairview Mall. They have tremendous 24 hour bus service along Don Mills. There is employment and schools nearby. Why not allow our City to intensify and urbanize further?

Sheppard line is not "within walking distance" for the most part of the year. But I'm not against the intensification, far from it (especially given the LRT plans for Don Mills). I'm just wondering where will they stick this particular 4 Graydon Hall building - there's practically no room left between the new Argento and the Don Mills road..

Yes, it's a bit of a(n uphill) trek to Sheppard from here. Those heading to the Yonge Line would be better off walking to York Mills and take the 95 bus.

Sheppard line is not "within walking distance" for the most part of the year. But I'm not against the intensification, far from it (especially given the LRT plans for Don Mills). I'm just wondering where will they stick this particular 4 Graydon Hall building - there's practically no room left between the new Argento and the Don Mills road..

Look at the first couple posts and you'll see the site plan and elevations showing the building on the site.

Yes, it's a bit of a(n uphill) trek to Sheppard from here. Those heading to the Yonge Line would be better off walking to York Mills and take the 95 bus.

The 122 Graydon Hall bus to York Mills station would be the best option. It passes right next to the site.

Alas, it apparently is, as there is clearly space to fit a building there. The site plan in the rezoning document clearly shows that a building does indeed fit on the site.

With the rear wall in the middle of living rooms of the building behind it. :)

I do not doubt their ability to squeeze whatever they can into that parcel of land. I only doubt the sanity of such a thing.

Last edited:
That's just about the most awkward move from brick to precast (or whatever they're using) I've seen. It's like a new building has completed a hostile takeover of an existing one.

Bleah.

Back