News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 562     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 854     0 

3D My Condo - Carnaby Lofts the Twill(1-bedroom,582sq.ft.)

Thanks-I'm glad this is helping to narrow down the choices you want to purchase for your new space. This adds a new option for the service I can offer clients. Most of them already have the furniture they are wanting to move in to their new home but letting them see how new pieces would work better allows them to visualize what could be.

You had pointed out to me that the dimensions on the furniture layout didn't add up - and you were right. It was about 4" too short from the kitchen counter to the window wall.
Thanks for double checking!

I've revised the walls and made some of the changes you requested on the attached plan view.
Thanks

BTW - are you getting a bigger TV? I think the one in the renderings is 48" and I agree with theKingEast it is kind of floating on that wallView attachment 42781

Great job, measured move! It's also great for me to see a bit of my recommendations in a rendering, lol.

ladhaan, I think you have a really functional unit and I absolutely love how the window-wall spans the length of the unit, rather than the width. I'm excited for your move and can't wait to see how you end up furnishing the unit!

Thanks aiekin. I would have never thought of this layout.

Measuredmove, I currently have a 50" tv. I'm hoping to upgrade to a 60", but all depends on cash flow after closing costs ;) lol.

I'll look into the other furnishings this weekend.

Variation on a Theme

Well not so much a variation but a different perspective,,,
the Twill-aiekon[1]-1.jpg
the Twill-aiekon[1]-2.jpg
the Twill-aiekon[1]-3.jpg
the Twill-aiekon[1]-4.jpg
the Twill-aiekon[1]-5.jpg
the Twill-aiekon[1]-6.jpg

Attachments

• the Twill-aiekon[1]-1.jpg
    the Twill-aiekon[1]-1.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 976
  • the Twill-aiekon[1]-2.jpg
    the Twill-aiekon[1]-2.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 981
  • the Twill-aiekon[1]-3.jpg
    the Twill-aiekon[1]-3.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 930
  • the Twill-aiekon[1]-4.jpg
    the Twill-aiekon[1]-4.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 991
  • the Twill-aiekon[1]-5.jpg
    the Twill-aiekon[1]-5.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 934
  • the Twill-aiekon[1]-6.jpg
    the Twill-aiekon[1]-6.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 960
Measuredmove, this is absolutely beautiful!!! Of note, I 'm 100% certain on the desk, storage unit, prep cart and bar. So, in your future renders can you keep those items?

Couple of quick questions. Is that the EQ3 couch? What chairs did you use in the living room? Also what chairs and dining table did you use there?

Thx!

Last edited:
Measuredmove, this is absolutely beautiful!!! Of note, I 'm 100% certain on the desk, storage unit, prep cart and bar. So, in your future renders can you keep those items?

Couple of quick questions. Is that the EQ3 couch? What chairs did you use in the living room? Also what chairs and dining table did you use there?

Thx!

These options were from aiekon’s layout a few posts back:
An extendable dining table perpendicular to the small wall abutting the window: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90182307/
I selected this table as it allows three different extension sizes and in the concept above, it's at the shortest length of 55". This table, or something similar in dimensions and concept would accommodate 4-8 dinner guests comfortably, as there would always be 3' of space around the table.

Dining Chairs: http://www.structube.com/en/dining-room/chairs/41211110-boston

Instead of buying a separate office chair, you could also just use one of these dining chairs for the computer desk.

Sofa: https://www.eq3.com/ca/en/productdet...ic.html?cat=25
The sofa I added was 83" long and 31" deep. I think this size can accommodate overnight guests but you could go even go a bit longer without making the unit feel 'tight'.
Note: The Stella sofa comes in a ton of colour options

2 x accent chairs: http://www.westelm.com/products/wrh-...-NoFacet-_--_-
the fabric pattern on the WestElm website was for Kate Spade fabric Saturday Subway Tile Print but it didn’t translate very well on my model of the chair.) Picture below

(
Bjursta Table.JPG
Slipper chair.jpg
stella_sofa.jpg
Structube Dinng Chair.jpg

Attachments

• Bjursta Table.JPG
    Bjursta Table.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 911
  • Slipper chair.jpg
    Slipper chair.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 957
  • stella_sofa.jpg
    stella_sofa.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 1,021
  • Structube Dinng Chair.jpg
    Structube Dinng Chair.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,027
blvdinteriors.com is a good store as well. Prices are reasonable and good quality furniture. There's also the casalife clearance center.

Hey measuredmove! I'm really feeling the Westelm chairs. I'm 99.9% sure I will be going with the CB2 Dinning Table and I've picked out the Chairs. As the dining table is counter height, I'll need a separate chair for my study desk.

Stern Counter Table: http://www.cb2.com/stern-counter-table/s119052

Phonenix Counter Stool X 4: http://www.cb2.com/phoenix-ivory-24-counter-stool/s271872

I rendered the above options. If you are able to, try them out together at the store - not sure if you could push all 4 in tight to the table because of the angle on the legs but it might not be an issue.

the Twill-Ladhaan[2]-TableChairs[1].jpg
the Twill-Ladhaan[2]-TableChairs[2].jpg

The acrylic stools with the smaller stance. http://www.cb2.com/vapor-acrylic-bar-stools/f4967

the Twill-Ladhaan[2]_Acrylic Chairs[1].jpg
the Twill-Ladhaan[2]_Acrylic Chairs[2].jpg

http://www.cb2.com/vapor-acrylic-bar-stools/f4967

Attachments

• the Twill-Ladhaan[2]-TableChairs[1].jpg
    the Twill-Ladhaan[2]-TableChairs[1].jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 1,483
  • the Twill-Ladhaan[2]-TableChairs[2].jpg
    the Twill-Ladhaan[2]-TableChairs[2].jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 926
  • the Twill-Ladhaan[2]_Acrylic Chairs[1].jpg
    the Twill-Ladhaan[2]_Acrylic Chairs[1].jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 1,262
  • the Twill-Ladhaan[2]_Acrylic Chairs[2].jpg
    the Twill-Ladhaan[2]_Acrylic Chairs[2].jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 1,172
Last edited:
Hey measuredmove. I'm definitely going with the acrylic stools. The fit is much better for the depth of the dining table.

As for the couch, I've decided on the EQ3 solo sofa sleeper in slate grey. I figure we can add some colorful pillows to give it that bang.

For the desk, I'm leaning towards the tesso desk, the coup grey office chair and the tps mint 3 drawer filing cabinet (left side under the desk) all from CB2.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Last edited:

Attachments

• the Twill-Ladhaan[3]-1.jpg
    the Twill-Ladhaan[3]-1.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 1,742
  • the Twill-Ladhaan[3]-2.jpg
    the Twill-Ladhaan[3]-2.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 1,732
  • the Twill-Ladhaan[3]-3.jpg
    the Twill-Ladhaan[3]-3.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 1,444
  • the Twill-Ladhaan[3]-4.jpg
    the Twill-Ladhaan[3]-4.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 1,211
Last edited:

Wow, this looks amazing!!! Can you confirm with the new desk there, how much space is between the dining table and the desk? The depth is a bit longer than the original one I was looking at, so I want to make sure it doesn't look too cramped (hoping for at least 3 ft space).

Also, for the living room, I'm going to go with just 1 lounger chair and prefer it to be angled against the window. I will put the TV on the wall with some floater shelves for the Blue Ray machine, set top box and my sound bar.

Thx measuredmove! This whole process so far has been an unbelievable experience :)

Wow, this looks amazing!!! Can you confirm with the new desk there, how much space is between the dining table and the desk? The depth is a bit longer than the original one I was looking at, so I want to make sure it doesn't look too cramped (hoping for at least 3 ft space).

Also, for the living room, I'm going to go with just 1 lounger chair and prefer it to be angled against the window. I will put the TV on the wall with some floater shelves for the Blue Ray machine, set top box and my sound bar.

Thx measuredmove! This whole process so far has been an unbelievable experience :)

Space-wise you look to be good to go! I'll make the TV wall changes and save this layout..Just wondering if you think there will be more changes or alternates to try out? No problem if there will be but if you think this is the look you will go with then I can start to process the animation and then post it. No pressure to stay with the current layout just let me know when it's 'finished' and I will animate your condo.
Thanks for the kudos, Ladhaan,I'm really glad the process helped you to zero in on the pieces you'd like to buy and was a useful tool to visualize your new home. I've enjoyed creating all the different looks for you also.
Cheers

the Twill-Ladhaan[3]Dims.jpg

Attachments

• the Twill-Ladhaan[3]Dims.jpg
    the Twill-Ladhaan[3]Dims.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 856
Hey measuredmove. I'm definitely sticking with this floor plan. Only items left to decide on is the living room chair and the coffee table.

One more question, can you tell me the measurement from the back of the couch to the wall where the tv Will be?

Last edited:
Hey measuredmove. I'm definitely sticking with this floor plan. Only items left to decide on is the living room chair and the coffee table.

One more question, can you tell me the measurement from the back of the couch to the wall where the tv Will be?

Here you go....
BTW I'll hold off on the animation for now in case you select the side chair and coffee table. Looks good!
the Twill-Ladhaan[3]Dims-2.jpg

Attachments

• the Twill-Ladhaan[3]Dims-2.jpg
    the Twill-Ladhaan[3]Dims-2.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 850

Back