300 Front Street West Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

which (stupid) family would pay $600k+ for a tiny 3 bedroom apartment to raise their "family" in, when they could get a huge house with a backyard out in the burbs...

a condo is no place to raise a family. especially not at those prices. adam vaughn doesnt seem to realize this.
I would raise my family downtown. If both parents work in the downtown core, its makes a lot of sense. And that whole backyard with white picket fence doesnt appeal to me and likely some other people. You have day care across the street at metro hall, drive the kids to woodbine beach in the summer or ontario place. New school opening at cityplace. The only downside in my view is the lack of sqft.

yes accordingly to price list tentative occupancy is Spring 2012

Hold on a second there...

While living and raising a family in condo or apartment is far from ideal, the thought of living in the burbs and spending endless time commuting for everything seems a huge waste of time and money. And let's not speak of the enviromental strain burbs put on our land or the huge infrastructure costs involved in maintaining them.

Current oil prices with predictions that the longterm trend is upward (can anyone say"Peak Oil") means that it's going to cost astronomical figures for people to constantly drive around in the burbs to do everything they need to in the future.

At least living in a smaller condo as compared to a house within the city boundaries and hopefully central, allows for more opportunities to travel about easier, be more active, save on costs and maybe even know your neighbors better.

Personally, I tend to think that the suburban experiment was one of the greatest urban mistakes ever and cannot be sustained. A waste of resources on a scale unparalled that puts the car ahead of everything else in our society including family. Everything is centred around getting in your car and driving somewhere.

That and also spending and consuming till you can't afford it anymore. One need only to look around at the effects to see if things were worth it.

Current oil prices with predictions that the longterm trend is upward (can anyone say"Peak Oil") means that it's going to cost astronomical figures for people to constantly drive around in the burbs to do everything they need to in the future.

Oil is not the only way to power cars. As soon as electric and alternative fuel vehicles become more widely available, people will continue enjoying their lives out in the suburbs. Perhaps even more so..

I saw a Tridel commercial on TV today for the 300. I don't watch much TV, so I'm not sure if this is routine for Tridel, or if its the sign of slowing sales and competitiveness.

Typical Floorplates

Lofts

Tower

As requested ... FLOORPLANS !

sharing info received from my agent ~

Lofts

Tower
1 Bedroom Layouts

2 Bedroom Layouts

Thanks Solaris.
I find the U shape kitchens to be more functional and practical than stretching it out along hallway or livingroom... U shape creates a feeling of seperation and an overall larger dimenstion IMO

OMG! Those dreadfull interior bedrooms. Since when have Torontonians become Cave-men (people).....? Give me natural light. Awful, just plain awful plans.

other than the interior bedrooms ... I particularly do not like the amount of hallway spaces wasted inside the units (with not a lot of sq.ft. already).... and these hallways even zig-zag in some cases ... what a waste

other than the interior bedrooms ... I particularly do not like the amount of hallway spaces wasted inside the units (with not a lot of sq.ft. already).... and these hallways even zig-zag in some cases ... what a waste

Gotta cram in as many units as possible... It must be difficult to create a habitable space with only 500-600 square feet.

which (stupid) family would pay $600k+ for a tiny 3 bedroom apartment to raise their "family" in, when they could get a huge house with a backyard out in the burbs...

a condo is no place to raise a family. especially not at those prices. adam vaughn doesnt seem to realize this.

If I were married with a child or two I would choose an option similar to this over living and commuting to a bedroom community. But that's just me.

Back