250     1 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 393     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 561     0 

294 Richmond E @ Sherbourne (TLS, 6s, Sweeny &Co.) COMPLETE

Pretty close to being habitable now.

DSCN3816.jpg

This corner and the corner in front of Spire must be the the best examples of how hydro lines/ttc lines and ruin the appeal of an intersection.

I think this building looks great. I took pictures of it on Thursday but couldn't figure out how to post them!

I'm curious as to the cost of the residential units?

I like it, but developers in Toronto should get in the habit of giving the ground (retail) floor an extra foot of clearance.

why not an extra foot for every floor. high ceilings are great in every space. trying to cram as many floors into a building as possible doesn't make great architecture.

Adding height to rooms allows developers to create the impression of more space without having to add square footage, though. It's a visual trick. And it's very much a fashion, given how many people now channel the boho life in even taller loft spaces - as opposed to the grande horizontale aesthetic of low Prairie-style living spaces. I've noticed how difficult it sometimes is for retailers to do anything convincing with the tall new spaces available to them - in places like MoZo for instance.

why not an extra foot for every floor. high ceilings are great in every space. trying to cram as many floors into a building as possible doesn't make great architecture.

do you honestly think though that most developers actually care about great architecture?

Money vs. Architecture....not veyy hard to figure out which one trumps the other!

Back