News   Jul 17, 2024
 559     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 645     0 

28 St. Thomas (cancelled office conversion to condo by &Co)

Does anybody have any new info on this project? Except for the retail on the ground floor, this building is still empty. Who can afford to let a 10+ storey building in super prime territory sit empty for a year and why would they?

492905294_5b604a1261.jpg

I like it. The original building has some qualities of the TD Tower, Mies inspired?

There are some similarities to X condos, but shorter of course.

Does anybody have any new info on this project? Except for the retail on the ground floor, this building is still empty. Who can afford to let a 10+ storey building in super prime territory sit empty for a year and why would they?

As I posted before, this project in its current form is dead...

I'm thinking it'll most likely be turned into a luxury hotel.

Thanks maestro. I went to the CBRE wesite and sure enough the whole building is for lease except for 12,000 sq. ft, which I assume is the shoe store on the ground floor. Boy, it's amazing that something on this level can turn out so badly.

Yea wow that doesn't make any sense ...

How long has the building been completely empty?
Have they been trying to lease it the past long while??

I really doubt that much office space would sit vacant in Toronto!!

Huh. Je me demande pourquoi? Are they going to re-clad the whole joint? If it ends up resembling Andco's condo remake, it'll be fabutastic!

as described above:

pink = property line
yellow = building footprint

101Bloormap.jpg

101 Bloor West/28 St. Thomas

There's some activity happening here so I thought I'd revive the thread.
I don't know what's happening in the office tower (if anything), but it sure has seen better days. At street level Cole Haan is going in so that will add a bit of activity along that strip before the Colonnade again.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back