News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 349     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 910     1 

205 Yonge St. (future development, ?)

The cost of incorporating 205 Yonge simply didn't justify the benefits, especially since they could get a 60-storey tower on 197 without 205 Yonge.

I see what you say about symmetry. Not sure I agree that it's important, but valid point.

Came here from the Massey Tower link - a thread/building worth a second visit.

1. Somebody needs to make a buck to keep this gem alive. Doubt it be saved/fixed up "as is" by a generous local benefactor
2. Assuming there's a buildable structural footprint of some kind on the east side (maybe no room for anything?) , the "stilts" could mean a cantilever (hopefully set back a bit as a separate structure rather than sitting completely on top of 205.
3. MOD would not like anything tall here... but there's the make a buck issue of course
4. UT buys and rennovates as new UT HQ, now that Ed is a zillionaire.

Well here you go if anyone has the bucks

Landmark Retail/Office Investment Opportunity
205 Yonge Street, Toronto
205 Yonge 1000.PNG

DESCRIPTION
Delivered vacant upon possession, the 13,310 square foot heritage building is the ideal location for a user looking to place their head office or flagship retail store in the heart of Downtown Toronto. This iconic building is one of Toronto’s most distinguished and architecturally significant. Investors, Users, or developers have the opportunity to restore and lease the property to a high-profile tenant with the potential of future high-density development while preserving the Iconic Heritage components of the building.
https://www.collierscanada.com/27115#.XMCQzehKjIU

Came here from the Massey Tower link - a thread/building worth a second visit.

1. Somebody needs to make a buck to keep this gem alive. Doubt it be saved/fixed up "as is" by a generous local benefactor
2. Assuming there's a buildable structural footprint of some kind on the east side (maybe no room for anything?) , the "stilts" could mean a cantilever (hopefully set back a bit as a separate structure rather than sitting completely on top of 205.
3. MOD would not like anything tall here... but there's the make a buck issue of course
4. UT buys and rennovates as new UT HQ, now that Ed is a zillionaire.
MOD tried to buy this building back when they were forming plans for Massey Tower. The owner was not interested in selling, and now the property is surrounded on all sides, so I'd like to know where Colliers sees "future high-density development" here.

MOD tried to buy this building back when they were forming plans for Massey Tower. The owner was not interested in selling, and now the property is surrounded on all sides, so I'd like to know where Colliers sees "future high-density development" here.

You tear everything down north of it in the block. It was a shame this wasn't part of Massey, but greed got in the way.

Back