News   Sep 11, 2024
 125     0 
News   Sep 11, 2024
 347     0 
News   Sep 11, 2024
 471     0 

2024 United States presidential election

It's too bad, as every state should be a battleground state, where their vote should not be taken for granted. That's only because residents in other states are sheeple, never changing their party no matter who's running, and thus refuse to put their votes in play. If Californians refused to be default Democrats or West Virginians default Republicans, their votes would matter just as much as Pennsylvanians. Every state should be a battleground state, and the residents of those states are the only reason they're not. Albertans do the same here in Canada, the Cons don't even bother to campaign there as they know Albertans won't vote federally any other way but Con.
If the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact is adopted, then every vote becomes relevant. 39% of the electoral college is already on board, and it would come into effect once 50% participates.

What on earth is this thing with people eating dogs and cats?
Meanwhile, far-right commentator Laura Loomer eats dog food as part of far-right YouTube alternative Rumble’s expansion into the dog food business:

Yes, Rumble, a website that hosts plenty of far-right conspiracy videos popular with the MAGA crowd and partly funded by JD Vance, is actually based in downtown Toronto.

What on earth is this thing with people eating dogs and cats?
Apparently it started with some rumour that newcomers from Haiti were catching and eating ducks and geese in public parks. Total racist BS, but I wish people would eat Canada Geese. They’re a scourge on our parks and waterways.

Apparently it started with some rumour that newcomers from Haiti were catching and eating ducks and geese in public parks. Total racist BS, but I wish people would eat Canada Geese. They’re a scourge on our parks and waterways.

I have. It's just okay.

I was going to say, there must be a pretty good historical reason why we don't eat geese. Must not be tasty.

I was going to say, there must be a pretty good historical reason why we don't eat geese. Must not be tasty.
There's a lot of little reasons, but I think historically it's really the rise of mass produced pork, plus how easy most pork is to cook without screwing it up to an unpalatable point, and in-turn its ubiquity brought a much lower cost relative to other non-chicken poultry, especially here in "Hogtown".

You could say lamb wound up suffering the same fate as goose in Ontario/Canada for the same reasons.

Last edited:

Back