News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 386     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 961     1 

2023 Toronto Mayoral by-election

Who gets your vote for Mayor of Toronto?

• Ana Bailao

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Brad Bradford

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Olivia Chow

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • Mitzie Hunter

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Josh Matlow

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Mark Saunders

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fletcher is in year 20
Peruzza is in year 17
Thompson is in year 20
Holyday is in year 9 (seems like longer)
Perks is in year 17

So @mjl08 's 4-term limit would remove 4/5 of the above.

Bradford is term 2
Burnside is nominally term 1, but its his second stint.
You forget Frances Nunziata, who was first elected in 1988!

Current update is the entire event has been cancelled.

Very unfortunate.

Adverse to democracy.

As the suspect is known, I hope an arrest will be made with all due haste and the event rescheduled.

Someone apparently threatening Mayoral candidates with a firearm.

Bradford and Saunders withdrawing from a debate tonight pending apprehension of the suspect, waiting to hear from other candidates.

Police are looking for this thug.

In lighter news this election is turning out to be a Gong show.

20230601_195323.jpg

Just a thought for all you peeps to ponder. Do any of you think it’s time for a whole new generation at city hall? Everyone seems so stuck on old ideas that no longer work. I’m pretty disillusioned with the legacy hangers-on in power, and entrenched bureaucracies - silos, as someone wisely called them, earlier up.

There’s been a massive change in the demographics of Toronto and I’d love to find out what is on the minds of young people with regard to our future.
You have to remember the change to 25 councillors at the insistence of the province, there is a lot of work to do at the local level. Councillors can NOT stop developments. They can NOT control healthcare in their regions. They do NOT set education policy or structures. They are supposed to set municipal policy but it is limited. When Tory was first elected he said he wanted to deal with term limits and mayoral accountability. When Trudeau was elected he said he wanted to sort out the senate. Neither carbuncle has been dealt with and indeed both continue to fester! This is politics at it's most stagnant. It's not just young people who recognize things don't work. Our administrative structure is colonial on steriods, it is not meant to address the issues of a modern urban landscape. Development, immigration, infrastructure, economic development - they are all managed by other governments, so what is Toronto to do? my guess is continue to tread water, nothing to see here, move along.....

seriously I WANT TORONTO TO BE A CITY STATE!
TORONTO CANADA - an idea who's time is now.
no one talks about our lack of control in our city. Can't someone come up with something new that allows Toronto to decide on it's own future?

A run down of Ana Bailao's meeting with the Star editorial board:

Bailao's key message - that she's the only candidate to defeat Chow - coinciding with the release of the Mainstreet poll that has her second, is probably not a coincidence. Kouvalis is working his magic.

A run down of Ana Bailao's meeting with the Star editorial board:

Bailao's key message - that she's the only candidate to defeat Chow - coinciding with the release of the Mainstreet poll that has her second, is probably not a coincidence. Kouvalis is working his magic.

Of course, only Main Street has been showing Bailao second or in double digits, and this on the heels of Quito predicting an NDP win in Alberta..........

There's a reason people think Quito has his thumb on the scale.... (whether its true or not)

Back