News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.5K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 664     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

2023 Toronto Mayoral by-election

Who gets your vote for Mayor of Toronto?

• Ana Bailao

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Brad Bradford

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Olivia Chow

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • Mitzie Hunter

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Josh Matlow

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Mark Saunders

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This was in yesterday's Toronto Star. 😂
View attachment 474717😂

This guy?

AoD

Bradford is both doing/saying odd things and not doing/saying things that make sense. Very odd.

View attachment 474781

Put aside that the above message reads as rather name-calling and childish, and that I disagree with it; .......I still don't get it strategically....

Meanwhile, he's got people fired up in his own constituency, he seems to be blocked people left/right on FB, ignoring resident phone calls from middle-of-the-road reasonable types and otherwise behaving in a way that would seem likely to make it difficult to get anywhere politically in this town irrespective of one's ideological or partisan leanings.

I've been critical of Bradford as councillor, but until now, I never doubted his political instincts. I think he's made a number of strategic errors during the campaign thus far. In an nutshell, the campaign seems unsure of itself. Is he an agent of change or more of the same? Is he an ambitious-but-pragmatic urbanist, or a defender of your tax dollars? Also, trying to "out cop the cop" by attacking the former police chief seems odd for someone with little background or track record on policing or safety. If you're a right wing voter concerned about safety, you're probably voting for a former police chief, not a one-term councillor with little experience on the file.

I suspect Bradford's team of experienced advisors saw the crowded field in the centre, and moved to the centre-right. I just don't think voters will buy it.

Not paying your TTC fare is illegal and could result in you receiving a fine of up to $425. A red light camera ticket cost is $325. Improper turn, the penalty includes: Two demerit points on your license. A $110 fine. Improperly passing a streetcar is comes with a fine of $105.

Why are the fines for the motorist illegal activities lower than a fare evasion? Then comes the fines for no parking, no standing, and no stopping. Lower than fare evasion, even though they cause more problems for transit users than someone not paying their fare.

Whoever becomes Mayor of Toronto has to give more priority to public transit than the single-occupant automobiles. With increases in fines when the autos interfere with public transit.

I can't be the only one with a creeping suspicion that John Tory might actually throw his hat in the race?

Let's be honest, on scale of Toronto political surprises, this wouldn't be too crazy, right? Right!?

I can't be the only one with a creeping suspicion that John Tory might actually throw his hat in the race?

Let's be honest, on scale of Toronto political surprises, this wouldn't be too crazy, right? Right!?
He's got until Friday to do so. But I think at this point, we probably won't hear anything much about him in regard to the political. He's an old-guard multiple-time loser outside of Municipal politics, and doesn't have much in common with current conservative movements. Trying to get back into the Mayor's seat right after resigning and forcing a costly election mere months after winning will make said resignation seem completely disingenuous and becomes a very easy target for pundits and candidates alike. By the time the next election rolls around in 2027, he likely seem even more out of touch and will be what? 73? That's really started to get into the years where most really need to slow down.

By the time the next election rolls around in 2027, he likely seem even more out of touch and will be what? 73? That's really started to get into the years where most really need to slow down.
Joe Biden would like a word 🤣

Back