News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 682     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 308     0 

2023 Toronto Mayoral by-election

Who gets your vote for Mayor of Toronto?

• Ana Bailao

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Brad Bradford

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Olivia Chow

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • Mitzie Hunter

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Josh Matlow

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Mark Saunders

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One follows the other. If you want them to do it all in one go, you're going to have a lot worse conditions for a lot longer to make that happen. Which I'm sure would create even more complaints that snowstorms aren't cleared in 15 mins.
They have windrow plows to keep the driveway clear (3 m minimum). Could use the same for corners, crosswalks, and transit stops. Transit stops may need wider clearance for the 2 or 3 doors on buses, and 4 doors on streetcars.

9548-windrow-clearing-example-500x335.jpg
From link.

Not just Toronto. This video is from Winnipeg...

They have windrow plows to keep the driveway clear (3 m minimum). Could use the same for corners, crosswalks, and transit stops. Transit stops may need wider clearance for the 2 or 3 doors on buses, and 4 doors on streetcars.

9548-windrow-clearing-example-500x335.jpg
From link.

Not just Toronto. This video is from Winnipeg...

Windrow plows are not a thing with the new company I don't think. The plow that came down my street on Saturday only had the one blade on the front.

John Tory returned from the political dead and won...
Let's make this a seven horse race!
Is George Smitherman still out there somewhere?
What about Jane Pitfield?
Is Susan Eng still alive?
I’d enjoy Smitherman. He’d be a colourful retreat from the one-note dullards who seem to win office; he is certainly not a wishy washy sort. Gotta relieve this city from the tedious types.

I’d enjoy Smitherman. He’d be a colourful retreat from the one-note dullards who seem to win office; he is certainly not a wishy washy sort. Gotta relieve this city from the tedious types.

No thanks, he's really the left's version of RoFo with fewer scandals.

John Tory returned from the political dead and won...
Let's make this a seven horse race!
Is George Smitherman still out there somewhere?
What about Jane Pitfield?
Is Susan Eng still alive?

Jane who?

AoD

No thanks, he's really the left's version of RoFo with fewer scandals.

Jane who?

AoD
I could accept that! And he’s honest about his scandals.

This is all in jest.

My meaning actually is that I wish for a tad of charisma and wit in the office. It’s a bleeding pipe dream as I assess the current slate of possibilities.

Smitherman is in cannabis out in Simcoe County, Jane Pitfield is a warden in Pontiac, Québec and Susan Eng is here but she is 72. I am hoping for younger people if at all possible.

We need a mayor who will not be automobile oriented...

Walter,

You post the same stuff, time and again; in a forum full of people who have already seen and agreed with much of it.

Few, if any members here are thinking or saying "You really know what Toronto needs is a Mayor who will champion highways, parking and SUVs" We don't need another youtube video reinforcing our already held views.

You have useful stuff to contribute, but try to offer stuff that's novel; that people didn't already know. Its very frustrating to see a thread updated and go; "Oh, its one of those Walter bumps again"

You're great when your telling us all about history that not only pre-dates most of us, but often you as well; and sharing archival material; you're also great when you're showing us a neat idea we haven't seen before. More of that. Less of "A reminder, cars are evil" please.

Last edited:
Walter,

You post the same stuff, time and again; in a forum full of people who have already seen and agreed with much of it.

Few, if any members here are thinking or saying "You really know what Toronto needs is a Mayor who will champion highways, parking and SUVs" We don't need another youtube video reinforcing our already held views.

You have useful stuff to contribute, but try to offer stuff that's novel; that people didn't already know. Its very frustrating to see a thread updated and go; "Oh, its one of those Walter bumps again"

You're great when your telling us all about history that not only pre-dates most of us, but often you as well; and sharing archival material; you're also great when you're showing with us a neat idea we haven't seen before. More of that. Less of "A reminder, cars are evil" please.
First time that video is shown in the "2023 Toronto Mayoral by-election" thread. May have been in some other thread, but new in this thread.

Also helpful for the newbies to UrbanToronto.

Last edited:

Back