News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.7K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 714     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 

2022/24 Russian-Ukrainian War

I appreciate they tried to mentor him. But they should have called the military police when he kept accessing systems despite turning down a new career. And most important was making notes. I have worked in SCIFSs. My phone was locked several floors down. The main door to my floor from the elevator lobby was a vault door. I was allowed to bring nothing but my lunch in and take nothing out. Can't believe they let this guy knowingly walk out with notes multiple times.

I appreciate they tried to mentor him. But they should have called the military police when he kept accessing systems despite turning down a new career. And most important was making notes. I have worked in SCIFSs. My phone was locked several floors down. The main door to my floor from the elevator lobby was a vault door. I was allowed to bring nothing but my lunch in and take nothing out. Can't believe they let this guy knowingly walk out with notes multiple times.

What would be interesting is to see what kind of personal relationship this guy has with the higher ups - this level of incompetence reeks.

AoD

What would be interesting is to see what kind of personal relationship this guy has with the higher ups - this level of incompetence reeks.

AoD

Indeed. But this whole episode also kind of speaks to how stretched the US military is, with certain capabilities. People always assume they have no resource constraints because of how much they spend. But why was an air national guard unit processing and disseminating the national strategic briefing?

It would be like the reserve intelligent unit in Toronto processing and disseminating our CDS brief to units in Europe and the Middle East. I would consider that nuts.

No disrespect to our reserve brothers and sisters. But I question how much high end work can be done with a unit that is mixed in with part-timers or on short term contracts. Then again the Americans have fighter pilots on part-time contracts......

The Russians have consistently displayed amazing levels of stupidity since the start of this invasion.

I'd be careful underestimating the enemy. But the Ukrainians are good at understanding the Russians and exploiting that cultural understanding.

Deception is a rather normal part of many military operations. So what the Ukrainians are doing here isn't atypical. The excellent part is that they seem to integrate all of this well into the overall plan.

Indeed. But this whole episode also kind of speaks to how stretched the US military is, with certain capabilities. People always assume they have no resource constraints because of how much they spend. But why was an air national guard unit processing and disseminating the national strategic briefing?

It would be like the reserve intelligent unit in Toronto processing and disseminating our CDS brief to units in Europe and the Middle East. I would consider that nuts.

No disrespect to our reserve brothers and sisters. But I question how much high end work can be done with a unit that is mixed in with part-timers or on short term contracts. Then again the Americans have fighter pilots on part-time contracts......

And contractors handling top secret materials...and we all know how that went.

AoD

The genius of this map is going to become more apparent shortly....

FxesvWUWIAwvWmb

Last edited:
I'd be careful underestimating the enemy. But the Ukrainians are good at understanding the Russians and exploiting that cultural understanding.
True, but I wonder how well Russian command and control will handle the launch and early days of the UAF counteroffensive. Not well, is my prediction.

True, but I wonder how well Russian command and control will handle the launch and early days of the UAF counteroffensive. Not well, is my prediction.

I have my hopes. But I think it's always good not to overestimate and let your guard down. Come ready for the fight.

Back