News   May 07, 2024
 453     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 413     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 901     3 

2018 Provincial Election Transit Promises

well renfrew will get a highway.

It's no different than Del Duca - He wasn't exactly super experienced in the field before taking over.

The 417 will definitely get extended, he's been pushing for that since forever. He's a bit of an outsider to the Toronto scene, although he's been an MPP long enough that he might have an idea what's going on. I feel that he might have more of an emphasis on rural Ontario, although I'm sure Ford will ensure some big ticket Toronto items get the nod. I don't foresee a disaster, although it probably won't be the golden age of transit some might hope for, especially as they look for "efficiencies".

Yak is a very nice guy, so I'm happy for him. Not sure that being a good person necessarily translates into sound transportation policy, but he's popular in R-N-P for a reason. He actually sings the anthem at hockey games sometimes, I'd like to see Cheryl Gallant try to pull a stunt like that. :p

While there are some reasonable heads in cabinet (eg Fedelli, Elliott), there are a few not so reasonable ones, like Monte Mcnaughton. Let's hope reason is a guiding force instead of the populist idiocy that showed itself on the campaign trail.

Putting a rural MPP in charge of Metrolinx, shows that transit is not likely going to be a priority - not that anyone would have expected anything different.

Will be interesting to see if Doug Ford actually managed to write mandate letters that could be released.

Gosh only 7 of 21 ministers are female? How utterly backwards!

Putting a rural MPP in charge of Metrolinx, shows that transit is not likely going to be a priority - not that anyone would have expected anything different.

The same could be said for someone that only rides transit trying to manage the rural highways outside of the GTA. A Minister is responsible for provincial-wide decision making. Everyone wants the minister to be in their riding (or city) but even if they are not they can still serve it well. Yak has a lot of experience and I hope that he excels with the role he has been asked to perform.

I do expect some good news...he likely will not be making 5 useless announcements a day

Will be interesting to see if Doug Ford actually managed to write mandate letters that could be released.

Yet when the Harris PCs selected a GTA transportation minister, he eliminated provincial subsidy for municipal transit, downloaded GO Transit, and four laned a rural highway to North Bay. The Liberals appointed a transportation minister from downtown Toronto who was distracted by shiny new technologies and who conspired to trash a fully-funded 7-stop LRT and bring us a one-stop subway extension for over twice the price.

It doesn't matter that much who the transportation minister is.

Mandate letters were a joke and a political exercise. They didn't exist before these Liberals and likely won't exist after.
Remember, again the Federal Liberals had mandate letters and they included getting rid of FPTP and running small deficits and returning to balance in year 4.

Voters put 1/3 of PC's as women (25 of 76). 7 of 21 is that exact ratio - which seems pretty fair.

Nobody would be stupid enough to put 50% of cabinet as women, just to have them fail at their jobs.

Voters put 1/3 of PC's as women (25 of 76). 7 of 21 is that exact ratio - which seems pretty fair.

Nobody would be stupid enough to put 50% of cabinet as women, just to have them fail at their jobs.
Well, to be fair, some of these cabinet ministers look like they're going to fail or f*** things up fairly quickly.

Back