News   Jul 15, 2024
 723     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 881     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 625     0 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

The ETFO through their support behind the NDP today too.

Who knows maybe the tide is really turning for them. Just maybe the NDP will be your best bet for an anti-Ford vote.

The ETFO through their support behind the NDP today too.

Who knows maybe the tide is really turning for them. Just maybe the NDP will be your best bet for an anti-Ford vote.

If you live in Southwestern or Northern Ontario. Also some ridings in Brampton.

This election will be decided in the suburban 905, however. The PC's are holding strong in the polls there. In the most recent ones, it seems the resurgent ONDP is only taking votes away from the OLP in the 905, and not affecting the PC's considerable lead. (This is according to Adrien Grenier's PollTracker)

As an Anybody-But-Ford person... it is very, very worrisome.

Im just hoping it's a minority so this guy can do less damage.

What do you mean? Today he promised me 700$ extra at the end of the year!

What would I do with so much money?!

Pay my rent? No, not enough.
Pay my debts? No, not enough.
Food? Got that covered.
Savings? A pittance!

This latest, greatest "break for the middle class" is actually most efficiently used when pooled with other people's money. I don't need 700 dollars. It would make no difference to my accounts. It would help me pay my debts off half a month sooner after two years (according to my three year plan). It wouldn't cover half my monthly rent.

I would literally just spend it at a pub....possibly even in one go, just to spite him (and myself, I guess).

Anything less than a 50% income tax cut is of no interest to me, Mr Efficiencies.

My bold prediction:

Liberals will make a comeback in the polls shortly before election day. The question is, will it be enough to force a minority?

With our weird and "fair" electoral system, the polls are a poor predictor of outcome. Even if all parties involved were tied up with support for months it could end with a majority for one of them.

I mean, I guess it's good for gambling on, because the odds should be pretty decent.

My bold prediction:

Liberals will make a comeback in the polls shortly before election day. The question is, will it be enough to force a minority?

Not sure *how* bold; but it's worth noting re the Forum poll that while the Libs' third place showing looks dismal enough, it's actually up a point from the previous Forum poll. And I wouldn't be surprised if even *they* tokenly benefit from DoFo's gaffes, should a PC free fall be upon us...

The news report I heard re the 760 tax cut is that we won’t see it until into the third year of his term

If Horwath's really stealing Ford's thunder, I have it figured out: she's better at doing the warm 'n fuzzy, aw-shucks "Rob Ford" thing than Doug is. She's out-Forded Ford, IOW--that is, the Ford that *really* mattered, and that Doug's just piggybacking off of. (And she's doing so less self-consciously than she did in 2014.)

Interesting what-kind-of-rock-has-he-been-under-this-past-week Sun quote from Lorne Bozinoff...

“Doug Ford’s running a front-runner’s campaign, and he’s doing a good job,” he said. “The Tories have a history of shooting themselves in the foot, but there’s been none of that so far.”

http://torontosun.com/news/provinci...-ndp-as-opposition-to-a-pc-majority-goverment

Back